Sales Strategy and Analytics Associate at VMware Carbon Black
VMware accelerates digital transformation through a software-defined approach to business and IT. The trusted platform provider of choice for more than 500,000 customers globally, VMware is the pioneer in virtualization and an innovator in cloud and business mobility. A proven leader, VMware allows customers to run, manage, connect and secure applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment. Security is an intrinsic capability across the VMware portfolio and critical priority for growth.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
VMWare Carbon Black’s Go-To-Market Operations team is looking for a passionate and driven Sales Analytics Associate to help drive organizational change through rigorous data analysis. You will be responsible for extracting and analyzing sales data to develop insights that can be used to significantly affect decisions that influence the future of VMware Carbon Black. You are expected to work strategically and effectively to build & run various processes and systems and provide focused business analysis of all key critical success factors and Key Performance Indicators for Global Sales Leadership.
This role requires communication and teamwork with many departments throughout the company. Join a dynamic team that is helping to transform business decisions and processes with actionable insights gained from meaningful research, analysis and measurement of the Go-to-Market organization.
- Partner with Sales leadership to deliver effective analytics, share insights, and influence alignment on critical efforts to improve performance.
- Perform deep dive analyses to support goal achievement, revenue acceleration, and drive achievement to strategies.
- Spearhead the development of insight-driven tools & dashboards and provide ongoing support regarding functionality and data-integrity.
- Craft data stories through presentations, written summaries, and data visualizations that accurately outline problem statements and provide actionable and unbiased intelligence and recommendations.
- Translate business objectives into functional data requirements and balance them with technical feasibility, recommending changes in development, maintenance and platform standards as necessary.
- Reporting to the Manager of Sales Analytics, assist with additional ad-hoc reporting and analysis requirements for the Sales Analytics team.
- 1 - 3 years’ experience in roles combining business analytics and business intelligence.
- Solution focused, sharp business judgment, and detail-oriented to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Attentive listener and compelling influencer who is adaptable to change and open to learning new skills.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced modeling, creating charts/graphs).
- Experience building reports and dashboards in a CRM tool, preferably Salesforce.
- Bonus Points for:
- Sales analytics and strategy experience, especially within an Enterprise SaaS company.
- BI development and database systems knowledge such as Tableau or PowerBI.
- SQL and/or experience with scripting languages such as R, Python or equivalent.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Operations
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: No
Posted Date: 2020-03-23
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.