VMware’s Worldwide Customer Operations team manages nearly every company activity that touches our customers. That includes corporate planning, go-to-market strategies, the introduction of new products and services, and end-of-life strategies for all company offerings, too. Our team acts as a crucial connection between VMware’s sales teams, partners, and customers. We educate all three groups so they’re informed on the company’s solutions, how best to use them, and how to yield their maximum potential. We help customers succeed by ensuring that our salespeople are well-prepared and equipped to deliver the right VMware solutions for the customer’s specific challenges.
Job Role and Responsibility
The GTM Planning and Analytics Team within VMware’s Security Business Unit (formerly known as Carbon Black) is looking for a passionate Sales Planning & Analytics Manager to lead sales planning, reporting, and analytics for the America’s Enterprise Sales Organization. This is a highly visible role with direct access to our GTM (Go-To-Market) Executive Team.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Americas Enterprise Sales leadership to deliver effective analytics, share insights, and influence alignment on critical efforts to improve performance.
- Perform deep dive analyses to support goal achievement, revenue acceleration, and drive achievement to strategies.
- Manage the sales planning and analytics cadence with the Americas Enterprise Sales organization.
- Spearhead the development of insight-driven tools & dashboards and provide ongoing support regarding functionality and data-integrity.
- Create and manage MBR and QBR materials for executive leadership reviews.
- Craft data stories through presentations, written summaries, and data visualizations that accurately outline problem statements and provide actionable and unbiased intelligence and recommendations.
- Translate business objectives into functional data requirements and balance them with technical feasibility, recommending changes in development, maintenance and platform standards as necessary.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Sales Operations or Analytics roles.
- Solution focused, sharp business judgment, and detail-oriented to ensure data accuracy and consistency
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, advanced modeling, creating charts/graphs)
- Ability to manage time well and deliver results in a timely manner, while managing multiple cross-functional projects.
- Be comfortable and articulate while presenting to senior leadership.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics or analytics related subjects
- BI development and database systems knowledge such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Extensive experience providing insights and analysis directly to Sales Leadership.
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS company.
- Knowledge of best-practice sales strategies or analyses to drive continuous improvement for the entire Sales organization.
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Business Operations
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.