Research Associate, Plant Physiological Analysis (Temporary Role)
Indigo improves grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health through the use of natural microbiology and digital technologies. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes and agronomic insights, Indigo works with growers to sustainably produce high quality harvests. The company then connects growers and buyers directly to bring these harvests to market. Working across the supply chain, Indigo is forwarding its mission of harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. http://www.indigoag.com/
Indigo Ag is seeking a talented, task-driven, focused and motivated person to perform important supporting work in the laboratory and growth chambers. This is an opportunity for exposure to a fast-paced biotech startup environment. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Scientist and work closely with a team of Research Associates in preparation of experiments along with more specific operational development projects. The candidate should be organized, detail oriented and interested in plant care. Candidates should be able to work effectively on multiple simultaneous tasks and be able to adjust activities based on research priorities.
The key responsibilities of this role include the following tasks:
- Monitor growth chamber environmental controls and perform equipment preventative maintenance as required
- Follow protocols for preparation, planting, irrigation, maintenance and harvest activities
- Dispose of research material, clean and maintain grow room as per best management practices.
- Perform various plant measurements and record data
- Execute sample collection according to experimental needs
- Enter sample data, metadata, and assay results into database; retrieve and organize results from database
- Maintain detailed records of procedures and results.
- Clearly communicate observations and data in a timely manner
- Strong technical and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- High school diploma
- Advanced education in plant biology, agronomy, horticulture or a related field preferred
- Ability to lift up to 70 Ib. using a forklift
- Basic computer skills, working with MS Office
- Experience caring for plants in greenhouse and/or growth chamber preferred
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.