Research Associate, Abiotic Screening Team - Temporary
Indigo is developing microbiome-based agricultural solutions to improve crop yields with sustainable products derived from plant microbiomes. The role of Screening team Research Associate is to support ongoing laboratory work aimed at characterizing microbial strains and understanding their interactions with the innate plant and soil microbiomes, with the ultimate goal of developing new products with improved and consistent performance. The primary objective of the research associate will be to assist in implementing high throughput screening assays in our discovery pipeline. The new methods will be implemented in our discovery to provide inoculum for our high throughput screening assays. This role is expected to require 40 hours per week.
- Responsible for lab data capturing and uploading in SQL database
- Maintain quality control by developing, implementing and overseeing data entry and QC protocols.
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for the use by lab members
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors, and suggest possible solutions
- Provide programming and training support for lab members for data collection and scripts use
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Information Management or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Experience in data management/data governance, such as data engineering, data quality, metadata management and profiling / data mining tools
- Knowledge of data management processes, such as data standards, data mapping, data quality monitoring and trouble shooting
- Experience with SQL Queries, Python and/or R
- Knowledge of Biology and/or microbiology will be a plus
- Ability to influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Able to work independently pay attention to detail and solve data problems
- Speaks and writes clearly and articulately
- Alignment with Indigo’s mission and core values