Quality Assurance Engineer (Data & SQL)
- Create and execute test plans and test cases for backend data testing for SHYFT product lines (analytics and insights).
- Develop and manage QA database environments for simulation of client back-ends using ETL and data loading processes.
- Front End testing to validate back-end structures and data; in addition, a standard level of front-end API testing and validation is also required to ensure total product quality.
- Debug and originate SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Release Regression testing (both manual and automated) via Selenium grid and individual testing suites.
- Use defect tracking tools; create QA projects, track results, organize testing metrics and calculations.
- Prioritize and escalate issues in relation to importance for a given project or customer risk assessment.
- Interface with internal and external cross-functional teams in the process of gathering platform design and functionality requirements.
- Actively engage and support all SCRUM team activities.
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the SDLC process, and give recommendations and/or feedback for all known issues.
- Familiarity with data modeling, Data Management, and Data Quality best practice methodologies.
- Proven ability to translate software requirements/stories into accurate and complete test scenarios, including identifying the detailed test data and environment needs.
- Experience creating and executing test plans and test cases for front end testing.
- Experience creating and executing test plans and test cases for data processing testing.
- Familiarity with automation methodologies as well as scripting within a Selenium environment using testing frameworks, such as NUnit, JUnit, TestNG or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - verbal and written.
- Extensive working experience with SDLC best practices in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of analytical approaches, statistical techniques and relevant technologies for healthcare industry.
- Possesses the ability to mentor and train team members on all aspects of DB test methodologies and scripting.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and/or Apache Spark
- 2-5 years of database application testing experience (MS SQL Server and T-SQL preferred).
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems or any other related academic discipline.
- Competitive compensation
- Employee Stock Program
- Generous rewards program
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation/Sick Pay Program
- Holiday pay
- 401K w/Company Match
- AD&D and Life Insurance
- Company Outings/Social Events