Principal Software Engineer, ML/Perception/Prediction at Perceptive Automata
Perceptive Automata is using our understanding of human behavior combined with computer vision and machine learning to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road.
Our growing Advanced R&D team spearheads the exploration and prototyping of cutting-edge software techniques that feed into our production product pipeline. The results of these efforts significantly impact a wide range of ongoing projects throughout the organization including in-vehicle perception/prediction, model training/evaluation, data analysis, and simulation.
In this Principal Software Engineer role, you’ll be helping to lead this team through our next round of growth and beyond.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the team across a wide range of technical areas, such as perception, prediction, planning, and machine learning.
- Help grow the team and its processes to support plans to accelerate this pre-production development
- Establish development priorities and timelines based on organizational needs
- Work effectively cross-functionally to coordinate on plans, progress, proposals, etc.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or Robotics (or equivalent work experience)
- 5-10 years building cutting-edge software (ideally in the autonomous vehicle space)
- Broad background that includes some experience with/knowledge of machine learning, computer vision, prediction of dynamic objects, path/motion planning, and sensor fusion
- Deep expertise in one or more of these areas
- Strong communication is a must -- both interpersonal communication and written
- Strong research and problem solving skills
- Exceptional skills in prioritizing and building alignment around those priorities
- Experience developing a commercial AV stack would be great but isn’t strictly required
- Experience working with various types of cameras, LIDAR, and other sensors would be useful in this role too.
- Year-End week-long shutdown, 3 weeks paid vacation & 11 holidays
- 100% Premium paid health insurance
- Monthly transit or parking benefit provided by Perceptive Automata
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Health care reimbursement account (50% or more of your deductible covered by Perceptive Automata)
- Eye & dental insurance
- Flexible maternal & paternal leave
- Equity-based compensation
- Efficient 401K plan
- Modern urban office space with natural light and greenery
- Lunch provided daily by local Union Square Restaurants
- Unlimited healthy snacks & beverages
- Journal clubs, guest speakers & learning opportunities
- In-office gaming, board games & books
- Office lending library
- Company outings
- Diverse events organized by team members on an ad-hoc basis
Perceptive Automata is a machine learning and computer vision company started by Harvard and MIT scientists that is developing a novel approach to help make autonomous vehicles safer for others on (or near) the road. We are supported by top Silicon Valley investors and global car makers and are growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for this technology.