Principal Software Engineer, Architecture at LiveRamp
LiveRamp’s vision is to be the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. There is truly an awesome power to be unlocked in connected data, and we want to make it happen. Whether it is by enabling companies to interact with consumers in a personalized way through targeting and measurement, or by helping companies understand their consumers’ wants and needs through identity-based analytics, or by empowering companies to build innovative products in healthcare through machine learning or AI, we want to be at the frontier driving customer data-driven innovation to reality. In doing so, we will become the backbone of the customer-centric experience.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer with a background in scalable distributed systems architecture to join our world-class engineering team. You will be responsible for building and expanding our back end infrastructure. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the key principles that influence the design of large-scale distributed systems: availability, performance, reliability, scalability, manageability and cost. You will support and interface with our data engineers, architects, analysts and scientists to ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. And lastly, we want you to be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s back end to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Design, create and maintain backend to a petabyte-scale platform
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal ingestion, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud agnostic technologies.
- Create services for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our software into an innovative industry-leading product.
- Be a pillar of technological knowledge and lead by example in code, feature development, and documentation.
- Contribute to the refinement of our agile processes and approaches.
- Provide documentation for solutions by developing documentation, UML diagrams, and well-structured code.
- Follow good object-oriented design practices and SOLID design principles.
- Help refactor systems built on an AWS specific stack to be cloud portable
The key things we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in an engineering capacity
- Experience working on multiple clouds a plus (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Master's degree or higher, preferably, with a concentration in a computational field such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or other Engineering discipline.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object-functional scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience migrating applications to Docker containers and deploying them on Kubernetes a huge plus
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured data sets.
Traits that will help make you successful in this role:
- A desire to solve business problems with technology
- Great communication skills, and the ability to influence stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional character
- Interest, willingness and demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technology
- A self-starter who brings energy, passion, and creativity to work every day
LiveRamp is the leader in data connectivity, helping the world’s largest brands use their data to improve customer interactions on any channel and device. We thrive on mind-bending technical challenges and value entrepreneurship, humility, and constant personal growth.
There is so much more that we want to build and that we could continue to improve. We value strong engineers who are agile enough to hit the ground running and tackle challenges.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.LiveRamp is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.