Principal Analyst, Health Analytic Solutions
Join our team at BHE and help advise our clients on utilizing Instant Health Data (IHD), a next-generation healthcare data analytics platform to help improve the quality and efficiency of medical research. Established consulting company with proven publication track record and exciting new health technology platform is looking to grow to the next level with the help of an outstanding Principal Analyst, Health Analytic Solutions.
BHE has served the life sciences industry for the past 20 years, specializing in data analytic solutions and custom research services. You’ll work with an interdisciplinary staff from outcomes research, informatics, epidemiology, medicine, and software development backgrounds to further the company’s mission of improving healthcare through innovative data analytics.
The Health Analytics Solutions team is at the forefront of engaging IHD’s customers, advising on analytic and methodological considerations, and collaborating on product development to ensure our customers are successful in using IHD to address all of their health care research needs.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong interest in healthcare and technology, excellent quantitative skills, and experience analyzing large databases. The candidate must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills so as to work effectively in cross-functional internal teams and communicate externally with clients. An ability to work in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role at BHE.
- Advise clients on the design and implementation of studies using large healthcare datasets
- Become an expert in the features, benefits, and applications of IHD
- Become proficient with a variety of large, complicated healthcare datasets
- Lead trainings, 1-on-1 or small group working sessions with IHD users
- Support the deployment of new platform features
- Lead development and management of technical documentation for both internal and external consumption
- Lead question generation, protocol development and project build out for research & development projects
Qualifications & Required Skills:
- Master’s or PhD in relevant area (e.g., economics, health economics, epidemiology, biostatistics)
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience in outcomes research, health economics, epidemiology, or consulting for life sciences companies
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working as a project manager or equivalent
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, creative problem solving and structured communication skills
- General understanding of healthcare databases (e.g., claims, EHR, hospital, registry) and the pros/cons of various sources
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
- Focus on attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit, drive, and work ethic