Partnerships Analytics and Operations, Senior Associate at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The partnerships team is responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of Toast’s partnership strategy. This includes working closely with our product and sales teams to develop strategy, scoping potential partnerships and negotiating contracts, developing relationships with external and internal parties, and executing the deployment and ongoing growth of mutually beneficial partnerships across a cross-functional team. The team manages Toast’s broad portfolio of channel (lead-gen) and product-focused partners.
We are looking for a Senior Associate, Partnership Analytics and Operations to join the team. You will have experience using data to make business decisions, be able to put structure to complex, unstructured problems, and be comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a fast-paced environment. This is an exciting new position with high visibility and impact across senior leadership at the company.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop processes to accurately report on insights and business impact of Toast’s strategic partners and our partnerships team.
- Build the infrastructure to scale our team’s analytics and insights capabilities, including advanced tools and dashboards
- Report on KPIs (key performance indicators) to leadership on weekly, monthly, and quarterly cadences, assisting in the management and review of metrics and revenue share audits
- Use data to identify and recommend areas of opportunity for growth, including new channel opportunities and programs to expand existing partnerships
- Work with cross-functional teams across Business Intelligence, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and others to ensure the success of partnerships
- Conduct market analysis to develop a perspective on the current and future partnership landscape
- Prepare high-impact presentations for external and internal audiences
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in Management Consulting, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics roles and/or Bachelor's degree in an advanced quantitative field (or equivalent experience) such as mathematics, economics/finance, or computer science
- Strong analytical skills – able to efficiently analyze large volumes of data, quickly draw insights, and tell a story with concise/clear recommendations of results and implications
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively and on your feet with diverse groups spanning all organizational levels, making you an effective team player
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, Google Suite, and Salesforce
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with partnerships/business development at a SaaS technology company
- Experience with financial concepts and modeling
- Proficient with Snowflake, Python, SQL, Looker, and other BI tools
- Deep understanding of restaurants and/or the restaurant technology space
*Bread puns encouraged but not required