We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
The Occupancy Analyst will be responsible for managing all occupancy planning activities and assisting the Real Estate team on all headcount and seat demand requirements for Toast Globally. This includes maintaining space data for all buildings, assisting the RE Project Coordinators with migration and swing plans during construction and blocks and stacks for all businesses in our buildings.
About the roll*
- Manage seat and space capacity - build capacity models to help manage the supply and demand for seats in all facilities.
- Integrate headcount forecast data from HR and business leaders into capacity models to identify short-fall and seat surplus within the space - gap analysis by building and by business.
- Moves, Adds and Changes - manage the intake and volume of requests for business units and prioritize based on need and complexity. Build options for satisfying business needs for review and approval demonstrating tradeoffs of each option
- When required, work with Project Coordinators on people migration and swing plans to help minimize business disruption and accommodate construction phasing plans for all buildings
- Conduct observation and space audits to determine seat utilization.
- Establish an Integrated Workplace Management System (IWMS) to integrate all space data and build seat, space reporting scorecards to communicate seat/space availability and constraints.
- Build stacking plans of all Toast buildings and spaces to show business unit adjacencies and location within the buildings with number of seats occupied and vacant
- Manage relationships and interface on a daily basis with engineers, contractors, architects and colleagues on a variety of construction projects
- Report space status regularly to project team
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Experience in building capacity models
- 2-5 years of experience in capacity planning and in building analytical models to forecast outcomes and gaps.
- good communication and people skills.
- experience with CAD or other IWMS for integrating all aspects of space management data.
- ability to multitask and take on multiple space requests for existing and new space.
- excellent organization skills.
- a creative approach to problem-solving that lays out multiple options and scenarios highlighting tradeoffs and impact to the business.
- a high level of attention to detail with the ability to summarize in a simple way to get buy-in and approvals for space plans.
- the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- good negotiation, consulting and influencing skills