Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Workhuman is seeking a Natural Language Processing (NLP) Data Engineer to join our Workhuman iQ team as a domain expert. This role is responsible for developing infrastructures and platforms for a wide variety of NLP /AI and data analytics products. The person will work with data scientists and engineering teams to build products that uncover insights hidden in recognition moments across dozens of countries for our customers, the industry and our company.
The projects that our team work on are built from the ground up and we look for individuals who want to take ownership and implement solutions independently and thrive in a collaborative environment. Your work will be project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for bringing together the needs of data scientists, engineering team, product managers and other internal customers to provide viable solutions and communicating your thoughts effectively.
This position will report to the NLP Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Work with Engineering and Architect teams to implement data pipeline on AWS (including data collection, data pre-processing, data sampling and validation) for Workhuman data products
- Partner and collaborate with Data Scientists to build training pipeline to facilitate the training of large-scale machine learning models for Workhuman AI products
- Implement processes to gather usage data generated from Workhuman AI products and build tools to facilitate performance analysis
- Develop cloud-based platforms and web apps for launching Workhuman AI and analytics products
- Develop tools to facilitate data review and analysis
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s (or above) degree in software engineer, computer science, computer engineering, data engineering or other related field
- 3+ years of industry experience in software development, data engineering, or related field
- Experience with and track record of building data pipeline for machine learning product
- Strong knowledge of AWS (S3, EC2, GLUE)
- Experience with AWS Sagemaker
- Good in programming languages such as: Python, Spark, and Java
- Good understanding with state-of-art machine learning framework such as: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras, etc.
- Knowledge with web app development such as: database, REST API and cloud
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Comfortable handling a high volume of work daily
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
- Experience with process design and documentation
- Exposure to ML, NLP, and deep learning methods
- Experience with developing back end and front end of web applications for data analytics and business intelligence apps
- Experience with working with large-scale of text data across languages
- Understanding in model inferencing, monitoring, feedback loop and data capture in real time at scale
Workhuman® is the world’s fastest-growing integrated Social Recognition® and continuous performance management platform. Our human applications are shaping the future of work by helping organizations connect culture to shared purpose. With a consistent stream of gratitude fueling unparalleled, provocative workplace data and human insights, Workhuman® Cloud is a critical software engine for global companies seeking to motivate and empower their people to do the best work of their lives. Workhuman® (formerly known as Globoforce) was founded in 1999 and is co-headquartered in Framingham, Mass., and Dublin, Ireland.
Did you know:
- We are #1 Great Place to Work in Ireland for the 2019 medium-sized workplace category and have been named one of the 2018 Top Places to Work in Massachusetts by the Boston Globe
- Workhuman® is used by 4.5 million employees across 160 countries
- Our core values are; Respect, Determination, Innovation and Imagination
Perks & Benefits for our Happy Healthy Humans:
- Comprehensive Health Plans
- Fully paid parental leave (12-week maternity/4-week paternity) effective day 1
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter bus from downtown Boston
- On-site fitness center
- Wellness rewards and reimbursements
- Fully stocked kitchen (cold brew on tap - snacks and coffee machines as far as the eye can see…)
- Regular celebrations for employees, families and special guests
At Workhuman, we love what we do because we’re shaping the future of work through our people and our technology. Our human cloud-based applications are helping some of the world’s leading global brands connect culture to shared purpose. The Workhuman Cloud empowers employees to thank, talk and celebrate each other, creating an environment that sparks gratitude and human connection while increasing employee engagement and productivity.
Workhuman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees. We proudly provide a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions at Workhuman are based on solely on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Workhuman believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.