Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
Abacus Insights provides a flexible, efficient, and secure platform that organizes and exchanges data from various sources and formats, allowing healthcare companies to uncover differentiated insights that address their customers’ needs. Our employees know that they play an active role in keeping our customers data safe and are responsible for ensuring that our comprehensive policies and practices are met.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
Apply if you are…
- a data wonk excited about building the healthcare network, bringing patient and provider healthcare data together using machine learning and matching techniques
- interested in data science and learning about machine learning: tuning, measuring accuracy and precision, and quality
- ready to get your hands dirty and dive deep into any healthcare data to diagnose big hairy problems in healthcare and identify creative ways to solve them
- empathetic about the challenges that analytics users face in accessing, wrangling, prepping, and working with data
- energized about working in a start-up organization pushing the envelope on a cloud-first approach in healthcare data integration
- happy working cross-functionally with teams like Engineering, Implementation and Client Services
You should expect to….
- identify and drive high value data analysis projects to identify ways to improve matching and healthcare data quality
- help identify solutions for data use cases within enterprise healthcare customers
- become an expert in healthcare data from medical claims to provider data to patient clinical data
- help define Abacus match quality metrics and data operation processes to meet specific SLAs
- evolve a holistic vision for healthcare data linking, matching, and curation in the Abacus platform
- work with data scientists to define new data matching features
- work with client management for product support during client engagement
- work with Engineering to manage, groom, and prioritize the product feature backlog
- create epics and acceptance criteria for scrum team development
Terrific if you have experience…
- independently running data analytics projects and getting deep into data analysis; formulating hypothesis about data issues, running queries, validating data hypothesis, and presenting results and recommendations to stakeholders
- in a product role at an analytics product company, influencing and evangelizing key stakeholders (customers, partners, thought leaders, senior management)
- with analytics and AWS data warehousing tools
- with health data with claims, orders, clinical patient data, provider data
- with Master Data Management enterprise products or processes
- with big data and cloud technologies
- in a product role, analyzing, visioning and road-mapping
- with Agile, story writing, grooming, prioritizing, planning, showcasing and delivering MVP
- working with Engineering teams in highly technical environments
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information systems, analytics or related field, and/or equivalent
Must be able to work in the US indefinitely for any employer. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As a mission-led technology company that is helping to drive better healthcare outcomes, Abacus Insights believes that the best innovation and value we can bring to our customers comes from diverse ideas, thoughts, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to building diverse teams, and as such provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. As well as prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.