Manager of Competitive Intelligence at Cybereason (Greater Boston Area, MA)
Cybereason is the champion for today’s cyber defenders, providing future-ready attack protection that unifies security from the endpoint, to the enterprise, to everywhere the battle moves. The Cybereason Defense Platform combines the industry’s top-rated cyber threat detection and response (EDR and XDR), next-gen anti-virus (NGAV), and proactive threat hunting to help defenders end cyber attacks.
Cybereason is a privately held, international company headquartered in Boston with customers in more than 40 countries. We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employees for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
What You’ll Do
Cybereason is seeking a Competitive Intelligence Analyst to be a key member of our global marketing team and work closely with our sales, sales engineering, customer success, product management, and product marketing teams to gain in-depth intelligence and insights into our competitors and key target markets.
In this role, you will be responsible for gathering, analyzing, and presenting in-depth research and analysis of Cybereason’s main competitors, derived through both internal knowledge and traditional external secondary resources. You will formulate actionable intelligence on how to position ourselves against and outmaneuver our competition, and deliver insights in various formats including direct prospect content, presentations, written documentation, and enablement.
What’s Important In This Role
- Competitive market analysis: Track market trends and competitor products, activity, and GTM strategy to identify insights that can be used to drive key decisions across the organization.
- Reporting and strategy: Leverage market and competitive intelligence to make recommendations on sales tactics and product strategy that will enable Cybereason to win in the market. Issue regular reports and contextual analysis to positively influence strategic decisions within product, marketing, and sales.
- Messaging: Collaborate with the product marketing and product management teams to inform Cybereason messaging and positioning.
- Sales collateral: Partner closely with product marketing, product management, and sales teams to develop and maintain collateral for sales support, including battlecards, product comparisons, sales playbooks, and pitches.
- Enablement: Develop, present, and maintain recurring sales training for global sellers and partners.
- Win-loss analysis: Work closely with sales and external research vendors in win/loss analysis to understand the competitive landscape and effectiveness of sales motions.
- Support: Provide ad hoc subject matter analysis and support the product marketing and product management teams with product feature gap analysis.
Who You Are
The position requires a strong, sharp, and creative individual that can cut through the noise to focus on the priorities that will arm our sales team and partners with the knowledge and insight they need to beat the competition, and someone with strong multi-tasking skills that thrives in an environment of high energy and urgency. Candidates for this role must bring the following experience:
- 3+ years of experience in competitive analysis or market research within the B2B technology space, preferably in the cyber security industry
- Previous sales support and training experience, with a comfortability presenting and explaining work to a variety of internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative market research skills, including data analysis, data synthesis, SWOT analysis, and data driven recommendations
- Demonstrated communication and writing skills, with the ability to properly translate and articulate positioning and technology
- Strong investigative, research, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in collateral and content creation
You’ll move to the head of the line if you have product management, product strategy, or a product marketing background, and if you have experience in the cyber security space.