Lead Data Scientist, Forecasting at Vistaprint
At Vistaprint, we believe that everything we do has a lasting impact on our customers and on each other. It begins and ends with a passion for helping our customers succeed. To give them our best, we empower our team with the autonomy they need to make smarter decisions and pursue higher value. We thrive on exploration, collaboration, and helping every customer grow their business beyond imagination. Fueled by technology and innovation, we are so much more than business cards.
Putting Your Expertise to Work:
As an expert in the forecasting domain, you will provide cutting edge algorithms, visualizations and expert insight for time series challenges throughout our organization – whether product demand forecasting or helping to establish an “early warning” framework for critical business metrics. You’ll partner with business stakeholders to define problems and develop models which impact our business across markets (North American, Europe, and beyond), and across product lines.
You will join a community of Data Scientists in our Data and Analytics (DnA) organization, working alongside business analysts, technologists, data engineers, and business stakeholders to solve critical challenges and drive tremendous business value. You’ll seek ways to improve, communicate openly, and be an active problem-solver. Throughout the design, development, and delivery stages you will surprise yourself with new levels of professional and personal growth.
- Engage with stakeholders to consult around analytical project requirements, define success metrics, explain methodologies and results, and negotiate deliverables.
- Build new models, as well as analyze pre-existing time series models and algorithms; provide suggestions on how to evolve forecasting data products, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide “self-service” visualizations and dashboards to help internal users understand trends and better manage their business lines
- Materially contribute to a roadmap for forecasting as a core capability at Vistaprint
- Act as a thought leader within the Data Science team and beyond, staying current with trends and technologies
- Contribute to our community of practice, providing guidance on best practices and supporting more junior scientists.
Skills and Experience We’re Looking For:
- Ph.D./M.S. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operational Research or related quantitative field (Ph.D preferred)
- 5+ years of advanced machine learning and modelling experience; 2+ years of time-series specific experience (which may include Arima, Bayesian Structured Time Series, Prophet, LSTM)
- Extensive experience in model development, model validation and model implementation for large-scale applications
- Excellent programming skills in Python and R
- Strength in clarifying and formalizing complex problems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to convey mathematical results and concepts to non-science stakeholders
- Communicating and managing work in a cross-functional environment
Considered as a plus:
- Spark, Java, Scala
- S3, Azure, Databricks
- Bayesian Statistics
- Experience using standard libraries (scikit-learn, MLlib, TensorFlow, MXNet, PyMC3)
- Agile working methodology
- Relevant work in an e-commerce environment
- Experience mentoring or managing junior scientists
And a few reasons you will love it:
- We will give you the chance to learn from some of the best global talents in this field. You will grow with us and we will make every effort to support your professional development.
- You’ll love your colleagues and teammates. You will work with people who are as energetic, smart and driven as you are. We’ve got an amazing team and we thrive off each other – you’ll thrive too.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. You will be working on projects that can have a real impact on decisions & results – we are a very data-driven company and Data Science is a massive driver of Vistaprint’s innovative outlook.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vistaprint, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, we strive to do more than the law requires.