Lead Cloud Data Engineer at Humana Studio_h
The Lead Cloud Data Engineer at Edge will have the chance to own strategic data engineer, database design and operational decisions of a brand new organization. We are a small, but capable team. Data engineers within Edge will lead important projects in design, development, implementation and management of secure cloud native databases on the Google Cloud Platform. You will develop the database strategy and operational model supporting this new organization and you will build out the necessary database solutions leveraging automation matching business requirements.
The Lead Cloud Data Engineer develops the data engineering and database architecture strategy for Edge. You will automate cloud database architectures to address business requirements, ensuring selecting the right cloud native database solution that provides system scalability, security, performance and reliability. You will work closely with the cloud engineering, architecture, software engineering, analytics and product teams to design database applications, operational models and solutions including interfaces, data transfer mechanisms and data partitions, optimizations to enable efficient access and automated operations of cloud native databases. You will create designs for a highly secure, fault tolerant architecture and integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure to refine performance/functionality. You should have in-depth knowledge of database structures, redundant database solutions in addition to expertise of cloud database technologies, good understanding and hands on experience with cloud architecture, along with solid scripting, programming, design and system analysis skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 10+ years of technical experience in database design and operations
- 2-3 years cloud and related automation experience
- Experience defining the data fabric architecture for large scale applications.
- Experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Experience leading project delivery
- Experience leading cloud database design, integration, data ingestion efforts
- Advanced and hands on SQL and/or data analytics skills
- Experience with highly redundant, scalable and fault tolerant databases and related applications
- Experience with database and systems integrations, replications, data modeling
- Infrastructure as code experience using CloudFormation, Terraform etc. focused on database automation
- Outstanding communications and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate across teams and organizations
- Masters degree
- Experience with any major cloud provider, cloud automation
- Professional certifications from a major cloud provider and/or database solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
- Experience with cloud database technologies such as Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery, MongoDB etc.
- Good understanding using developer tools, including CI/CD pipelines. Designing and operating CI/CD pipelines for database automation is an advantage.