Lead Business Intelligence Analyst at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
Have a passion for analytics? Enjoy coaching others? Interested in solving large, complex problems with a broad array of data resources?
The Lead Business Intelligence Role will take the lead in the development of a self-service Business Intelligence platform to support reporting and analytics for the Indigo Carbon and Fields product offerings.
This role operates in an agile framework as part of the engineering organization and will work to directly support business stakeholders through coordination with Data Enablement, Knowledge Management, and warehousing teams.
- Gain a strong understanding of the technical and data resources available. Familiarize oneself with the Enterprise Data Platform Teams and charters (Data Enablement, Knowledge Management, Warehousing, BI Platform)
- Work within Indigo’s Data Organization, understanding where they fit between Warehousing, Knowledge Management, Data Enablement and the BI platform
- Become familiar with and able to navigate data resources available within the central data platform
- Meet and discuss requirements with relevant stakeholders (primarily within data warehouse, Fields, and Indigo Carbon teams)
- Contribute meaningfully to reporting around Fields, Carbon, and Field Data Model with ultimate goal of creating a self-service platform available to end users within relevant stakeholder teams
- Take ownership of the self-service platform, coordinating with key stakeholders, such as Field Data Solutions, Agronomy, Research Partners, and Engineering to ensure that data is accessible and metrics are well-defined within Looker as a self service platform
- Provide ongoing coaching to other BI analysts on communication, requirement gathering, and status update skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to translate business logic from into technical requirements and visualizations, as well as articulate technical solutions to business stakeholders while working with other cross disciplinary groups.
- Experience with the complete data lifecycle from data collection through visualization
- Innate ability to look at an application and have some understanding of what the data model might look like to support it
- Enthusiasm in working with others including collecting requirements directly from stakeholders and coaching other analysts
- Proven success leading projects using an agile framework
- Able to prioritize competing priorities
- 5+ years of proven experience working with numerous, large, complex data sets
- Past experience with visualization tools, such as Looker or similar (Spotfire, Tableau, or Google Studio)
- Experience managing and owning projects from beginning to end, and owns responsibility for delivering upon business requirements.
- Prior proficiency working cross functionally to drive data projects/strategy
- Experience with data governance, driving it/adhering to it
- Experience with SQL
- Hands on experience with Python and R a plus
- Prior experience leading or mentoring other analysts
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.