Fraud and Merchant Risk Analyst at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Fraud and Merchant Risk Analyst will work closely with both the Fraud and Merchant Risk Teams. They will support both teams in rolling out new initiatives and building comprehensive programs that keep Toast and our customers safe. They will be expected to work cross functionally within the two teams to complete tasks such as reviewing accounts for suspicious activity, underwriting new customers across Toast’s portfolio of products, and provide high-quality operational feedback to the Fraud and Risk Team Leads, as well as our Data Analysis Team.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Underwrite customers across Toast’s product portfolio
- Monitor queues of suspicious transactions, rule out false positives, and determine when a case needs to be escalated
- Conduct basic investigations of cases requiring extra attention
- Become an expert when it comes to Toast’s fraud and compliance programs
- Report unusual activity to banking and processing partners and fulfill law enforcement requests
- Make determinations on gray-area cases and decide when to escalate cases to the Lead Risk Analyst, Legal, and Compliance
- Become a subject matter expert regarding Toast’s payment solutions, fraud prevention tools and deeply understand the payments value proposition and how Toast Payments specifically meets restaurant needs
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 0-2 years of experience in an analyst-level role
- Curiosity and strong investigative skills, able to form a narrative around large sets of data
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives with minimal oversight
- Customer-focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly motivated and able to work within tight deadlines
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances, and understand root causes
- SQL knowledge
- Payments or restaurant experience
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.