ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We’re backed by Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, Wellington, Lightspeed, and GIC, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
ezCater is looking to bring on a seasoned Engineering Manager to join our fantastic Data Technology team to help design and drive the next generation of our data infrastructure, with an eye towards production data science, machine learning, and business intelligence.
Are you passionate about data? How about leveraging data to drive meaningful impact across both the supply and demand sides of a two-sided marketplace, as well as a highly sophisticated customer support organization? Have opinions on how to best enable data scientists across a billion-dollar company to do elastic workforce planning or real-time customer lifetime value prediction? Then we should definitely talk!
At ezCater, data is at the root of every decision we make, and is becoming a critical part of our product and marketing experience. Understanding who our customers are and how we can best serve them while helping them navigate these unprecedented times to safely feed their workforce is core to our [email protected] mission. As our business matures, our data needs across the organization, from marketing, to product, to business intelligence, are becoming increasingly complex and it is time to take a major step forward.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, mentor, and grow a talented Data Engineering team working across both the data architecture and data infrastructure disciplines.
- Architect and shepherd a green-fields data science infrastructure project geared towards enablement, validation, and productization. Work with business stakeholders to refine and define our business intelligence strategy, with involvement in tool selection and rollout strategy.
- Work with Security and Compliance to enforce and uphold data governance standards.
- Nurture our collaborative and autonomous development culture while improving team/process performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature).
- A passion for building and growing high performing teams and driving very real business impact.
- Extensive experience in data engineering and business enablement.
- Strong working knowledge of data infrastructure and experience with production data science or machine learning.
- A background in SQL, Python, Ruby, or other similar languages.
- Nice to have: Snowflake, DBT, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, Sagemaker, Spark, etc.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
What you’ll get from us:
You’ll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You’ll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you’ll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, a great office in the heart of Boston or Denver that you can’t use till COVID lightens up, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.