Director of Marketplace Analytics at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for business meetings and company events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We are seeking a Director of Business Analytics to join our Marketplace team to define and develop deep business analytics that will drive growth through web and non-digital analytics. You will contribute tremendous value to our business by providing analytical leadership to identify trends in the Marketplace which drives demand for ezCater. You and your team will uncover insights that help us accelerate our customer understanding and growth.
What you’ll do:
- Lead the prioritization and execution of business critical analysis to identify insights that will lead to growth initiatives for the marketplace and new product offerings
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of business analysts focused on identifying trends, customer insights and opportunities to grow the demand side of the ezCater business
- Partner with data engineering and sales operations teams to define data structures that can be built to deliver accessible business analytics tool
- Deliver core reporting to enable business management and create a scalable way to deliver ad hoc analysis to solve problems and identify opportunities
- Work cross functionally to use data to tell the story of where the biggest opportunities can be found
- Support marketing, product and sales to define core monitoring and reporting needs
Ideally you have:
- An outcome driven approach to analytics oriented to driving value for ezCater
- 12+ years of analytics experience with at least 6+ years leading a team of analysts in a fast paced environment
- Experience driving business outcomes through web analytics
- Strong problem solving skills with a pragmatic approach to addressing challenges.
- Passion for digging into the details and using technical skills like SQL programming
- Experience in multi-channel attribution across digital marketing, sales, site, TV, OOH and other marketing channels
- Ability to work well with many types of people in a cross-functional teams
- Comfortable with multi-tasking in a very fast-paced work environment
- Experience with HubSpot or Salesforce is critical
- eCommerce experience is a plus
What you'll get from us
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.