Director of Machine Learning
We are looking for someone to act as a startup founder for a new product at DataRobot. You will define a product vision, build a Minimal Viable Product, and hire a team to execute on that vision.
You will work directly with our CEO to define a new AutoML product and then write the code for the MVP yourself. Once you’ve proved the product works, you will recruit a team to execute. You will remain personally involved at a deeply technical level as your team grows and your vision expands.
You will need to be able to cut through uncertainty, define a grand vision, and execute on a 1-2 year timescale.
- “Start Up” a new team within DataRobot
- Define early product vision
- Roll up your sleeves and build an MVP
- Hire a team to refine and scale your product
- Leadership experience in Engineering (preferably, but not necessarily at the Director or Vice President Level)
- 5+ years of combined Python engineering and machine learning experience
- 3+ years of engineering leadership experience
- Leadership from the front: willing and able to write production-grade python code
- Experience working with product management to define and execute a product vision
- Direct experience writing maintainable, testable, production-grade Python code
- Understanding of different machine learning algorithm families and their tradeoffs (linear, tree-based, kernel-based, deep learning, unsupervised algorithms, etc.)
- Good command of scientific Python toolkit (numpy, scipy, pandas, scikit-learn)
- Software design and peer code review skills
- Experience with automated testing and test-driven development in Python
- Experience with Git + GitHub
- Comfortable with Linux-based operating systems
- Competitive machine learning experience (e.g. Kaggle)
- Previous experience of deploying and maintaining machine learning models in production