Director of Data at edX
edX is the trusted education platform to 20+ million learners worldwide, and we’re looking for the key person to evolve our data strategy to be best in class. Lead edX to the right mix of talent, technology, and stewardship that allows us to most effectively leverage our data to provide high-quality education to everyone, everywhere.
The Director of Data is a quantitative but pragmatic problem solver responsible for championing the edX data vision and roadmap. You’ll work with each function at edX to enable financial reporting, develop actionable insights that improve marketing effectiveness, inform product design, and improve partner and learner outcomes.
- Lead the edX data vision across the enterprise and enable a high performing team.
- Establish, prioritize and steward edX’s data roadmap.
- Collaborate with each of the edX functions to understand how data will better inform decision making in their area. Work cross-functionally to ensure appropriate data governance, prioritize projects, automate key reports, and determine success metrics.
- Work with Product, Educational Services, and Marketing teams to create ad hoc reports, models, analysis, dashboards and business recommendations.
- Present weekly progress on data performance organization wide, including key operating metrics, and monthly and quarterly reports for the executive team.
- Manage the day to day work and career development for a team of BI engineers, data analysts, and data scientists.
- Partner with engineering to build out scalable data infrastructure, including warehousing, integration tools and reporting systems.
- 8+ years experience in a data engineering, business intelligence, or analytics focused position.
- Experience leading and managing a business intelligence team, experience creating successful organizational structures.
- Experience managing a data engineering team to build the right tools, automation and capabilities to enable data-informed decision making.
- Strong presentation skills, able to clearly communicate results to stakeholders at all levels.
- Able to tackle ambiguous problems, execute analysis, prioritize work and deliver projects on time.
- Experience implementing business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker.
- Experience in website analytics and A/B testing, such as with Google Analytics or Optimizely.
- B.A. / M.S. / Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Operations Research or equivalent experience.