Director of Data Distribution at Abacus Insights
Abacus Insights is a mission-driven, start-up technology company that is focused on improving health outcomes, lowering the cost of healthcare, and delivering a more seamless healthcare experience. At our core, we are passionate about advancing healthcare and improving people’s lives through technology.
With our deep expertise in cloud-enabled technologies and knowledge of the healthcare industry, we have built an innovative data integration and management platform that allows healthcare payers access to data that has been historically siloed and inaccessible. Through our platform, these health insurance payers can ingest and manage all the data they need to transform their business by supporting their analytical, operational, and financial needs.
Through this mission and passion to aid people and population health, we have built a highly successful SaaS business that is heavily funded (since our founding in 2017 we have over 18 million) by leading VC firms who have deep expertise in the healthcare and technology industries. At Abacus, we are solving problems of massive scale and complexity in an industry that is not only ripe for disruption but requires innovation. We see massive growth in our future and would love for you to be a part of it!
As Abacus is preparing for its next phase of growth and continues to expand our customer base, we have recognized the need for a Director of Data Management. The Director of Data Management will play a critical role is coordination of data acquisition, analysis, and reporting with engineering, production, and clinical staff as well as manages the team along with the client to meet client delivery dates mentioned in Service level agreements.
- Manages multiple projects with long timelines and a distributed work staff using common work management tools like JIRA, Sales Force, Wiki, Operations Dashbaord.
- Mentors, guides and promotes team as needed.
- Responsible for Annual performance review and supervisory responsibilities.
- Investigates and responds to questions in data areas for all product lines.
- Communicates directly with the clients and data vendors on the acquisition, management, analysis and reporting of their data.
- Generates, interprets and presents data reports to clients.
- Works to assess and trouble shoots client data related issues.
- Defines product deliverables and milestones as part of the development of our ingestion platform.
- Identifies unmet business needs and requirements and works collaboratively to investigate growth opportunities.
- Coordinates with sales, operations team and data management staff on implementation and maintenance of client accounts.
- Checks data quality and communicate with clients to resolve any known issues.
- Will work extensively with Oracle PL/SQL programming, developing SQL queries and analysis and related databases such as Oracle, Oracle RAC, Vertica and SQL Server.
- Master’s degree (foreign equivalent degrees accepted) in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or a closely related field of study.
- Proven experience in and success bridging gaps between healthcare business and technology.
- A deep understanding of the nuances in claims healthcare data.
- Experience managing a large team while also being heavily hands-on in the healthcare data technology industry.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams to meet goals and metrics.
- 10+ years of experience in a related occupation with large, complex data sets in data operations or client services with U.S. healthcare industry stake holders.
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle PL/SQL Programming, Developing SQL queries and analysis.
- 5+ years of experience Oracle, Oracle RAC, Vertica, and SQL Server databases.
- 5+ years of third-party data visualization platforms, such as Jupyter and Tableau.
- 3+ years of experience building collaborative relationships with stakeholders and diverse, cross-functional teams/organizations to develop appropriate requirements, scope and delivery timeframes, driving on-time execution
- 3+ years of experience developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting.
- 3+ years of deep working experience with authentication and big data technologies such as: Spark, Scala, Kerberos.
- 2+ years of working experience with leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling and data processing.