At PathAI, we are using machine learning to diagnose disease accurately and to match patients with effective therapies. We develop and apply computational methods to integrate data across biological scales (population, patient, tissue, cellular, molecular and genomic) to define disease states and to predict therapeutic response. Data Science and biostatistics play central roles in this effort. We are looking for a Director of Data Science to lead these efforts at PathAI.
- Take a hands-on role and lead biostatistics efforts in a team setting of scientists and machine learning engineers
- People and team management skills including measuring and delivering performance feedback. Hiring, training, and mentoring a team.
- Cross-functional collaboration with other teams and leaders to integrate large-scale datasets and use bioinformatics to define the factors associated with drug response and resistance
- Develop computational methods and build tools to enable data-driven patient stratification and inform the development of clinical decision support products
- Identify scientifically relevant findings within datasets spanning multiple modalities
- Develop scalable computational solutions to further clinical data analysis automation across projects
- Communicate findings both internally and externally and recommend follow up actions
- Ph.D. in computational biology, biostatistics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering, cancer biology, immunology, genetics, or similar with 5+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated history of leadership in managing high impact data science and engineering projects and teams either in business or in academia.
- Demonstrated ability of scoping, leading, prioritizing, and contributing to multi-disciplinary team projects.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as R AND Python for complex data analysis and reproducible research practices.
- Mastery in integrating and analyzing diverse high-dimensional data sets relevant to oncology, immunology, and other areas of clinical relevance.
- Capability to conduct systematic analyses to evaluate multiple hypotheses and prioritize clinically-relevant questions.
- Scientific curiosity with an ability to identify questions that computational approaches can address, and the skills to develop solutions both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent problem-solving and collaboration skills.
- Strong communication, data presentation, and visualization skills.
- Strong publication record.
- Background in clinical data/oncology/immuno-oncology and/or experience working with clinical trial data is a plus.
- Understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence concepts and applications
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.