Digital Trade & Planning Manager at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
The Digital Trade & Planning Manager will be responsible for the execution of digital trade initiatives within a brand. Working closely with the merchandising commercial planning team, this role will ensure that trade dollars will maximize customer value for those shopping via digital channels.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Assists in the development of the fact-set around customer needs in the area of commercial planning - utilizing different sources of information, helping form the conclusion and building the story.
- Responsible for the execution the e-commercial planning process across brands designed to focus every trade dollar spent by CPG's on things that maximize customer value.
- Works closely with counterparts in price/promotions lead, replenishment, e-marketing, local ADUSA merchants and e-shelf to build intentional commercial plans by week by ADUSA brand that deliver on the new PDL customer value proposition.
- Works with local ADUSA merchants and CPG's to fund web-exclusive specials that sit on top of the weekly promotional strategy in place aimed at maximizing customer value.
- Measuring the results of commercial plans and responsible for sharing those results/learning with merchants from ADUSA for continuous improvement.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- At least 5 years of retail and e-commerce experience
- Strong experience and understanding of consumer packaged goods, retail category management, as well as eCommerce best practices
- Masters Degree strongly preferred, Bachelors Degree Required
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Develop and nurture strategic vendor alliances required to identify synergies, promote mutual growth, maximize resources, ensure consumer focus and capitalize on market opportunities.
- Collaborate and work cross functionally with various teams/leads within PDL and ADUSA / brand leadership in order to effectively drive and execute business initiatives
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.