Why work at Arcadia?
-Opportunity to work for an awesome and growing software company
-Opportunity to work with a highly scalable cloud platform
-Opportunity to develop a highly disruptive platform that is going to change healthcare analytics
What you'll be doing
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives
- Test backups to ensure compliance with the business’ Recovery Time Objectives
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes
- Document the company’s database environment
- Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
- Design indexes for existing applications, choosing when to add or remove indexes
What you bring to the role
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
- Designing tables and picking datatypes
- Using Profiler traces and other tools to find the most frequently run queries
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in several areas of the field
- Ability to present technical Information
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills; have good concentration
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to express ideas in clear and concise manner
- Ability to problem-solve and to think tactically and identify significant success factors
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- AWS experience and enthusiasm
- Experience with non-Microsoft databases such as AWS Redshift, Cassandra, MongoDB a plus
- Experience with one of more languages such as Java, Python and/or Scala a plus
- Experience with big-data infrastructure such as DCOS, MESOS, Kubernetes a plus
What's in it for you
- Opportunity to be part of a team creating a platform that is going to drastically improve healthcare analytics
- Awesome work environment (teleworking opportunities considered too)
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits like 4 weeks of paid time off
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages and more
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.
Read Full Job Description