We are ASICS. And our five letters have meaning. ‘Anima Sana in Corpore Sano’ or a Sound Mind in a Sound Body.
We’ve always believed in the positive benefits of movement. And this year, we’ve recommitted to this founding purpose, supporting more people to experience the transformative power of movement, on the body and the mind.
So, this is your chance to join a truly purpose-driven brand.
Data Scientist(Contract) - 6 months to Perm.
Location: Remote(U.S. EST based)
The ADI Analytics team is seeking a Data Scientist who is curious and excited to build models and data tooling with a crew of other analysts, data scientists, and data engineers. This role reports to the Advanced Analytics manager, and will be engaged in developing data-driven customer segmentation, predictive models, forecasting, and content / next-best-action recommendations[CD1] . Our stakeholders for this work include the ASICS regional teams in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia, our Marketing and Loyalty teams, the ASICS Running Apps team, and more.
Using data from our Snowflake data warehouse, you will build the models and algorithms that enable ASICS customers to have a personalized and relevant experience on ASICS.com and in our ASICS running apps. You’ll work with our experienced teams of analysts and data scientists to answer key questions and make recommendations to our partners across the business, and you’ll explore new techniques and new data to help keep ASICS on the cutting edge of sports and health.
- Develop models and algorithms to predict customer behavior, match customers with the best products or actions, and classify customers into segments.
- Mentor teammates and explore new analytical and modeling techniques for possible applications in our work.
- Collaborate with our marketing and product teams to resolve key business questions and tell stories with our data.
- Degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, data science, or computer science
- 2+ years of experience in a data scientist or similar analytics-focused role working with extracting / exploring data, statistical modeling, and communicating findings.
- Experience with key software, including:
- High proficiency with SQL (Snowflake or Redshift preferred).
- 2+ years of experience with either Python or R in an analytical capacity (Python + Jupyter preferred).
- Proficiency in common productivity suites (Google or Office 365; particularly experience with Powerpoint and Excel equivalents).
- Experience with analytical techniques, including:
- Common regressor + classifier models.
- Time-series analysis / forecasting.
- Recommender systems.
- Data visualization.
Become a part of the ADI community:
ADI is taking active steps towards becoming a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We aim to engage in D&I work that permeates our organization and all employees are expected to be actively involved.
-ADI is a strong, global community where we collaborate and care for each other.
-We value a diversity of opinion, everyone’s input, and increasing the number of voices at the table.
-You’ll have the opportunity to join the D&I task force, participate in affinity spaces, learn and grow on your anti-racist journey. We all need to know what anti-racist is so that everyone can talk about what it actually means.
-We center our employees as full people. We don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description:
At ADI, we don’t just accept diversity— we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. ASICS Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.