In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded ezCater. Today, ezCater is the only nationwide online marketplace for business catering in the United States a $23.9 billion market. Our 3.6M+ on-time ratings and reviews, our 60K+ caterers and restaurants, and our 5-star customer service make it superbly easy for business people to find and order great food for their meetings and events. We’re backed by Insight Venture Partners, Iconiq Capital, and Wellington Management, we're on a path to $2B in 2020, and we'll get there - even more surely if you come help us.
Do you love machine learning? Do you want to influence real business goals using machine learning models? Can you do it in Python? The role of Data Scientist will be instrumental in elevating ezCater’s ability to be a data driven product organization. As a member of the ezCater Data Science & Analytics team, you’ll work to design and implement machine learning models to provide real insights that drive our business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and deploy machine learning models to solve real business problems.
- Problem solve: even when problems are ambiguously defined and roadblocks arise, you find creative ways to arrive at usable solutions.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the machine learning components of the core technology platform as a primary individual contributor.
- Support customer-facing teams with reports, analyses, insights and actionable information.
- Have 1+ years of professional hands-on experience analyzing data in digital e-commerce, marketplace, or other web-based technology businesses.
- Have experience using SQL.
- Have Python experience in a production environment.
- Have experience building out machine learning models, e.g. logistic regression, random forests, boosted trees.
- Have worked with cross functional product teams (designers, engineers, product managers).
- Are able to explain complex analyses and translate complex conclusions into straightforward and actionable business terms.
- Thrive on juggling multiple projects – and tying them together. You’ll be most successful when you’ve understood the interplay of all our parts.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.