The Lead Data Scientist uses mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions. The Lead Data Scientist works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
The Lead Data Scientist develops, maintains, and collects structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting. Creates reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business strategy and tactics. Advises executives to develop functional strategies (often segment specific) on matters of significance. Exercises independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks, and works under minimal supervision, Uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors and determining the best course of action.
- Collaborate with key business leaders to understand business problems and formulate analytical solutions, as well as lead and collaborate with a team of data scientists, data analysts or big data engineers on analytical projects following a Data Science Lifecycle Model and Scrum Agile approach
- Use advanced analytic techniques like machine learning, predictive modeling to develop sophisticated models to solve business problems
- Act as an external facing data scientist whose combined expertise in machine learning, statistics and advanced analytics will enable the incorporation of these practices into Stars operations
- Deep dives across member populations along with advanced predictive analytics to determine actionable opportunities for improved Stars interventions
- Contribute to moving data science work onto the machine learning platform
- PhD + 2 years’ experience, Master’s Degree + 5 years’ experience OR Bachelor’s Degree + 7 years’ experience.
- Data Analytics, Computer Science or related quantitative program.
- 2+ years’ experience in project, process or people leadership
- Experience in using mathematics, statistics, modeling, business analysis, and technology to transform high volumes of complex data into advanced analytic solutions
- Successful demonstrated experience in working on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and collecting structured and unstructured data sets for analysis and reporting
- Experience working with analytical technologies, applications and languages such as Python, R, SAS, SQL, STATA
- Experience with machine learning, NLP, text analytics or similar advanced data science capabilities
- Experience in creating reports, projections, models, and presentations to support business
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and decision making on complex issues regarding job duties and related tasks
- Ability to works under minimal supervision, using independent judgment
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
This position must be located in Louisville, KY, could provide relocation assistance and will be located in the office after COVID impacts allow us to return.