Data Integration Engineer at BHE
BHE is one of most significant voices in healthcare analytics. With over two decades of experience, BHE provides novel solutions to allow the world’s largest life science companies, health plans and provider groups to better understand the clinical outcomes and value of various patient care strategies. BHE’s market-leading Instant Health Data (“IHD”) platform transforms the way analysts from diverse disciplines answer complex and critical questions and make insightful predictions.
We are seeking an exceptional Data Integration Engineer to assist with the mapping of new healthcare data sources into our state-of-the-art analytics platform. In undertaking this challenge, you will be at the working with the latest distributed computing technologies to process, transform, and configure large healthcare data sources to be used by our SaaS clients. We're looking for candidates with a background in data analysis, and a strong desire to continue learning and improving their abilities in object-oriented programming concepts and big data processing.
- Integrating new healthcare data sources into our state-of-the-art application
- Collaborating with research analysts
- Building and optimizing pipelines for ETL processes
- Building new features/tools to improve our big data and distributed computing infrastructure
- Becoming a subject matter expert in the structure and contents of each data source we ingest
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other technical/quantitative degree
- Skilled at analyzing data (SQL, Python, R, SAS)
- Experience working in a Linux command line environment and scripting
- Proficient in object oriented and functional programming skills such as Java, C++, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Eager to learn new systems and big-data technologies
- Exceptional attention to detail and critical-thinking skills
- NoSQL (MongoDB)
- Familiarity with the Hadoop Ecosystem
- Experience performing Data Analysis
BHE provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.