Data Insights Analyst, GTM Strategy & Operations
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The ideal candidate is a go-getter, who is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves. S/he is excited by tough problems and is able to thoughtfully break down complex projects. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering results, complete ownership of work and outputs, finding a way to work through barriers, finding ways to work efficiently, and excellent business judgment. S/he should have a demonstrated ability to think analytically about the business, have a critical eye for detail, and have high expectations and standards.
About this roll*:
- Build tools/dashboards to automate reporting and generate insights that will allow managers to quickly and accurately see how our products and processes are performing.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new reporting and BI tools and administer those tools going forward
- Drive complex statistical modeling development, enhancement, and maintenance around all aspects of the business including credit card processing & sales pipeline
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to provide strategic support and recommendations across various Toast departments, including: Sales & Marketing
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 1-3 years in BI or Data Analytics
- Data visualization expert (Looker, Tableau, Splunk, etc.)
- SQL and Excel expert
- Experience with Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc), SAS, Stata, or R
- Ability to efficiently analyze huge volumes of data and present concise and clear recommendations of results
- A highly quantitative problem solver who loves to dig into different kinds of data and can confidently and successfully communicate their findings to stakeholders in different departments
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Demonstrated problem solving with experience providing business insights and recommendations from data sets, both individually or in a group setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
*Bread puns encouraged but not required