Are you looking for the opportunity to shape the future of data engineering at a fast-growing company? If you’re a Data Engineer, looking for the next challenge to help scale our production and analytics databases to handle massive volume, then the Platforms team at ASICS Digital has the role for you!
ASICS Digital creates and brings to market cutting-edge digital apps and products for the ASICS brand. With over 50 million users, we possess an incredible wealth of data rooted in fitness training, goal-setting, and how technology can contribute to a healthy lifestyle. Managing and making sense of all that data is an extraordinary challenge and opportunity.
The Data Engineer will help build, run and improve the current data engineering platform while contributing to the design and rollout of the next platform iteration. You’ll be working cross-functionally with several teams including Analytics, Product, Marketing and eCommerce. Your key focuses will be building up our data warehousing infrastructure and providing best practices for data engineering.
ASICS Digital is a division of ASICS Corporation based in Boston, Massachusetts. Our goal is to build innovative digital technologies and commerce experiences to better connect consumers to the ASICS brand. We are responsible for the continued development of innovative ecommerce solutions and other digital services that inspire people to move, get fit and stay healthy.
What You'll Do
Design, implement, maintain, and QA the data warehousing and other data engineering platforms
· Contribute to the direction, tooling, and platforms that deliver data to the global business and its initiatives
· Working closely with our regional and internal stakeholders; our Product, Marketing and eCommerce teams, to build out necessary data warehousing infrastructure
· Own and drive data-engineering initiatives autonomously; identifying issues and providing solutions
· Maintain and scale our ETL tooling process to ensure flexibility for future enhancements
· Tune and implement improvements—in terms of quality, reliability, scalability, or data access—for our production data stores
· Bring an analytical mindset to every conversation across the company
· Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members
What You've Done
· 3+ years experience with Data Warehousing principles and practices
· 3+ years experience handling large sets of data (i.e., hundreds of millions of rows of data) and make it performant
· 3+ years experience developing pipelines and automation with Python & SQL
· Experience with cloud based columnar data warehouse such as Snowflake (Redshift, Azure Data Warehouse, and Big Query ok as well)
· Experience with relational, non-relational, and file based databases
· Experience extracting data from APIs and web scraping
· Experience with ETL services such as Fivetran, Stitch, Matillion
· Experience with docker/containerized applications
· Experience with AWS services such as EventBridge, Lambda, S3, Elastic Container Service, etc.
Nice To Have
· Experience testing data integrity with automation
· Exposure to the platforms, processes, and practices related to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
· Experience working with orchestrator
Become a part of the ADI community:
ADI is taking active steps towards becoming a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We aim to engage in D&I work that permeates our organization and all employees are expected to be actively involved.
-ADI is a strong, global community where we collaborate and care for each other.
-We value a diversity of opinion, everyone’s input, and increasing the number of voices at the table.
-You’ll have the opportunity to join the D&I task force, participate in affinity spaces, learn and grow on your anti-racist journey. We all need to know what anti-racist is so that everyone can talk about what it actually means.
-We center our employees as full people. We don’t just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description:
At ADI, we don’t just accept diversity— we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. ASICS Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.