Data Engineering Manager/Senior Manager
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Data Engineering Manager/Senior Manager will play an integral role in our budding Business Intelligence team. This person will lead a team of data engineers and help deliver a data platform for self service analysis throughout the organization. We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic candidate with experience managing top performers and working in cloud-based BI stacks who isn’t afraid to dive into data and get their hands dirty from time to time.
About this Roll*:
- Own our BI stack (Stitch, s3, Snowflake, Looker) with a focus on self service throughout the organization
- Manage and prioritize bandwidth while balancing short and long term objectives using an Agile methodology
- Proactively identify areas outside the regular stream of business requests where the team can add value
- Oversea complex data modeling development, enhancement, and maintenance around all aspects of the business including credit card processing, sales pipeline, product data from our restaurant customers (billions of rows), and more
- Partner with key stakeholders and business leaders to produce alignment in Customer Success, Finance, Product, and Executive
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a quantitative field; 4+ years experience in BI, Data Engineering or Data Warehousing
- 3+ years experience managing and mentoring high performing teams
- SQL expert; Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc) exposure preferred
- A highly quantitative problem solver who loves to dig into different kinds of data and can confidently communicate their findings to stakeholders in different departments
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Work experience in a high growth tech or SaaS company
- Experience with Snowflake, Airflow, Stitch, dbt, or other cloud BI tools
- Background building interactive dashboards in tools such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, SiSense, etc
- Familiarity with NetSuite or Salesforce