Data Engineer at MachineMetrics, Inc.
MachineMetrics is looking for a talented Data Engineer! This position may be based out of our Boston, MA or Northampton, MA office!
MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of software and manufacturing professionals that couldn't sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT to digitize the shop floor and enable teams to drive decisions with machine data. We were named by Forbes as one of the top IoT companies to watch in 2019 and voted one of Built In’s 2020 Best Places to Work in Boston!
We develop and integrate production monitoring software for manufacturing companies. Our industry 4.0-ready software increases productivity through edge connectivity, real-time visibility, and deep manufacturing analytics. Together, we can deliver on our commitment to provide continuous improvement for our clients.
MachineMetrics is hiring a Data Engineer to join our team in Boston or Northampton, Massachusetts! As a growing startup, we are seeking an individual who displays the attitude, aptitude, and amplitude to not only get the job done but grow within the company.
Over the past several years, you’ve helped create solutions to constantly evolving data problems. With that experience, you are now ready to help architect and build the next generation IoT streaming platform.
Ideally, you’re the kind of person that enjoys working independently and with other teams. You love inspiring your team and helping them seek solutions. Are you ready to learn more?
What You’ll Do:
- Create, maintain, and enhance data ingestion and processing pipeline architecture all the way from the Edge to the Cloud and back to the factory floor
- Build and manage streaming and storage systems for both real-time and batch analytics
- Leverage scalable data streaming, processing, and storage systems such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, PostgreSQL
- Champion code quality and data architecture improvements
- Review code and provide/receive constructive feedback to help develop the team
- Be a champion of our Core Values
What You've Got:
- 2 plus years of experience building data-intensive applications (high velocity, high volume)
- Demonstrated ability to develop for streaming platforms (AWS Kinesis, Apache Spark, Apache Kafka; additional ones are a plus)
- Experience in operating relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Strong SQL skills with proven ability to write complex, optimized queries and procedures
- Some experience with NoSQL data stores such as Redis or DynamoDB
- Solid understanding of the AWS infrastructure (VPC, ELB, DMS, Route53, etc.)
- Experience with complex deployments in a containerized environment (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform)
- Interest in new methods and technologies as well as an interest in data science related topics
- Prior experience with Node.js and/or GraphQL is a plus
All qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer who values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.