Data Engineer at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
MineralTree is looking for a talented and data passionate engineer to join our growing team! This is a new role due to growth and will report to our Director of Data Science. As you focus your talents on creative data capture and manipulation you will have the opportunity to make a great impact on our engineering team.
- Design and build software tools for data processing, analytics and reporting.
- Build and maintain ETL jobs.
- Create data models and schema for analytics data.
- Analyze and clean incoming data sources.
- Assist with implementing BI tools and applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or analytical field of study
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience in data science, data engineering or software engineering with a data focus
- Experience with Java (Python and/or Scala a plus!)
- Proficiency with SQL and Data Modeling
- Experience with statistics and data analytics is a plus
- Experience with data warehousing and/or big data a plus
- Experience with Machine Learning a plus
- A Passion for data integrity and a close attention to detail is a must!
- Excellent communication skills (will work closely with many teams cross-functionally)
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.