Data Engineer at Panalgo (formerly BHE)
BHE’s mission is to improve healthcare through innovative analytics. Our team has built a next-generation analytics platform, Instant Health Data (IHD), to bring researchers together to generate insights into improving population health, quality of care, and managing costs.
Our engineering team is looking for talented individuals who want to bring our platform to the next level, expanding into new markets. In undertaking this challenge, our new engineers will be at the forefront of the latest technologies, learn about large-scale, new and emerging data sources, and help BHE maintain its leadership position.
Our engineers work in a fast-paced, rapid-learning environment with leaders in software development, working with massive data sets, and healthcare data analytics. In our environment, everyone is encouraged to make a difference without experiencing the fixed ways of doing business in larger, bureaucratic organizations.
- Build new features to improve our analytics platform
- Contribute to the design of new functionality
- Assist customer support team with analytics and software inquiries
- Run ETL scripts and perform quality control tasks
- Maintain and ensure databases are delivered on-time to our customers
- Configure our software platform to use data sets and ensure ETL instructions and documentation are up-to-date
- Become an expert in the structure and contents of each data source we work with
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors degree in economics, statistics, math, computer science or other technical degree
- 1-3 years related experience
- Intermediate-advanced SQL (NoSQL experience a plus)
- Proficient in at least one general purpose programming language and one scripting language
- Eager to learn new systems and technologies
- Exceptional attention to detail
Why be a part of BHE's Team?
- Leading healthcare data analytics/big data company
- Work on a team of talented and pragmatic engineers/researchers
- Great mentorship and growth opportunities