Data Engineer Persona Owner
DataRobot has an extreme focus on the customer experience.In this unique role, you will channel your passion for Data Engineering along with your proven industry experience solving Data Engineering problems to create and maintain a north star for DataRobot products that service the Data Engineers all over the world. You are a lead contributor of product direction and go to market strategy serving as the "voice of the Data Engineer.”
Simultaneously, you endeavor to bring DataRobot’s strategic initiatives closely aligned with the Data Engineering community through customer engagement and thought leadership. You will actively participate in user groups, lead feedback sessions and provide content for our social media presence. In short, you will use your domain knowledge lead both internal teams and the Data Engineering community at large.
- Continually collect, process, and report on feedback from Data Engineers
- Identify and prioritize product opportunities and problems for Data Engineer features
- Validate urgent Data Engineering problems with customer feedback and competitor research
- Create product positioning and journey maps for the Data Engineer role
- Create and manage the voice-of-customer into product roadmap planning
- Build use case scenarios for Data Engineers resulting in problem-based requirements
- Work with marketing, product, and R&D teams to provide consultation and guidance on Data Engineering problems.
- Ensure product launch plans appropriately factor in Data Engineer requirements
- Maintain deep awareness of Data Engineer focused products available in industry
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Engineer
- 3 to 4 years in product management, evangelism, consulting, or advocacy role
- Fluency in modern development workflows
- Specialized knowledge of the challenges Data Engineers are faced with
- Passionate about user experience design
- Strong operational skills with the ability to drive initiatives across domains
- Ability to communicate well and resolve differences through communication/teaching·
- Track record of delivering products and features with an extreme focus on customer experience
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional teams.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)