Data Engineer – ConneX Integration Platform at CrunchTime!
CrunchTime! (www.crunchtime.com), the leading enterprise restaurant management platform, is experiencing record sales growth and is seeking new team members across the organization who share our passion for restaurants and technology.
Back in 1995, when we created the first web-based restaurant back office system, the cloud certainly wasn’t the buzzword it is today. Since then, the world's best brands representing tens of thousands of restaurants have chosen CrunchTime as their integrated back office solution and is now considered the industry gold-standard.
CrunchTime! is looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer to join our ConneX product development team. The Connex team creates bi-directional real-time integration to every POS that our customers deploy. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys integration, continual learning, and a fast-paced development environment. If you possess a drive for excellence, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and desire to be part of a team that is dedicated to being an industry leader, then we want to hear from you.
* U. S. work authorization is required.
- Design, develop, optimize, document, and support:
- A highly available and scalable web services platform that streams and processes near real-time updates from our clients POS and other systems
- A high-performance data delivery network and API services manage bi-directional data exchange between clients and partners
- AWS hosted integration software for cloud-based systems
- On-premises integration software for database and file systems pipelines
- Internal utilities, alerting, and monitoring technologies
- Design and build data process and pipeline automation
- Develop automated Unit, Integration and Regression tests
- Provide 3rd tier technical support
Skills & Requirements:
- 3-10 years professional development experience
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills as this position will interface with many levels both inside and outside of our organization.
- Must be team oriented with strong collaboration, prioritization with a “can-do” attitude
- Fundamental understanding of common data structure and algorithms
- Strong background with data transformation and management in both structured and semi-structured data
- Strong design and development experience using SQL, PL/SQL in Oracle, MySql, or MSSql
- Strong background with object-oriented programming using Python, .Net, C#, Java
- Experience building and consuming both RESTful and SOAP based web services
- Proficiency in manual and automated testing
- BA or BS degree, Computer Science preferred
- Experience building data process automation with effective monitoring and alert preferred
- Working knowledge of Cloud computing services in AWS preferred
- Experience in parallel processing large data sets with scalable hardware preferred
- Proficiency in database query tuning preferred
Enjoy Excellent Benefits:
CrunchTime team members enjoy a competitive salary and access to a progressive benefits program which includes the following:
- Health and dental insurance and vision plan
- Disability, life and AD&D insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for dependent and medical care
- Generous paid time off plan
- 401K plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Educational assistance for approved courses
- Commuter benefits, including parking reimbursement
- Friday lunch spread catered from Boston's top restaurants
- Bagel Tuesday's provided from Bruegger's
- Thirsty Thursday's featuring the best local craft brews and ales
- Stocked coffee from Starbucks, Caribou, Dunkin' Donuts, plus Bevi sparkling water
- Generous employee referral bonus
- Standing desk option
- Monthly local community volunteer programs