• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 3+ years working with data (i.e., quantitative analysis experience, including handling, manipulating and analyzing data and creating analytical reports)
• Advanced SQL skills for acquiring and transforming data
• Experience working with large datasets with strong technical skills (SQL, Python, R, etc.)
• Experience scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data
• Experience developing and operating large-scale data structures for business intelligence analytics using, data modeling, SQL
• Experience using Tableau to effectively visualize and demonstrate proposed user interface dashboard and scorecard solutions.
• Experience in developing, maintaining, and managing Tableau driven dashboards & analytics
• Experience working with Amplitude is an asset
• Experience with Call Centre data is an asset
• Experience in the Travel Industry is an asset
About the job
The Data Analyst role is a critical component to the success of the customer service function, notably driving excellent customer experience and business profitability via reporting, analysis and identifying areas for continuous improvement.
The Data Analyst is a role within our Customer Service Operations team that requires a highly motivated and experienced Data professional to contribute and lead in all areas of advanced reporting & analytics. The Data Analyst is expected to scope, analyze, develop, automate, enhance, and validate BI reporting & analytics, and dashboard solutions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for developing automated, scalable reporting and analytics solutions
- Analyze performance, identify internal & external trends from data, troubleshoot issues, identify new opportunities and address ad hoc data requests.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) able to clean, massage, and organize the data
- Using multiple data sources, create reporting and performance monitoring tools and dashboards for end users
- Partner with internal and external team members to design relevant data visualizations using Tableau and work with team members to build dashboards for data quality and analysis
- Ability to analyze and extract relevant information from large, complicated data sets of structured and unstructured data.
- Advanced ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management as required, both verbally and written.
- Develop and maintain reports, dashboards, reporting tools and structures to track key metrics
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.