Data Analyst at Lose It!
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an analyst to help drive business growth. You will be a key member of the Data team working alongside statisticians, physicists, chemists, and biochemists leveraging statistical models, machine learning, and high performance computing. Your responsibilities will include driving key business decisions through reporting and visualization as well as experiment analysis and forecasting. You'll work with large datasets concerning a variety of user behaviors and help us to create a continuously improving product for our users.
- Designing and reporting on key metrics in all aspects of business operation
- A/B testing
- Data visualization
- Communicating and evangelizing analytics to the Lose It! Team
- Building and sanitizing datasets from multiple sources including BigQuery and various reporting platforms
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in analytics and data visualization
- Proficiency in SQL and R or python
- Experience working with statistical methods
- Experience with experimental design and analysis a large plus
- Pertinent advanced degree a plus
Sound like the perfect role for you? Send us your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject. In your cover letter, quickly tell us why you think you'd be a great fit for Lose It!
About Lose It!
Lose It! is a leading consumer software company based in the heart of Boston. Our app and online platforms have helped people get healthier and lose over 75 million pounds worldwide, through calorie tracking and social support. With a top grossing Health & Fitness app in both the iOS and Android app stores and millions of members returning to use the app each week, we're proud of the impact that we've had and are passionate about mobilizing the world to achieve a healthy weight.
Along with our core program, we’re excited to have recently launched our newest product, embodyDNA. With embodyDNA, members can submit a DNA sample and get helpful weight loss insights based on their unique traits.
We’re a small, fast-paced team that loves trying new things. It’s okay to make mistakes; failure is essential to innovation. This mindset makes us a great fit for growth-minded individuals who value lifetime learning and thrive in iterative work environments.
At the core of our mission, benefits, and mindset, we are here to help our customers. If you’re ready to create great products with a real impact on real people, we’re the company for you.
Why work at Lose It!
If you picture yourself working on solving one of the world’s biggest issues with a smart team, then heading out for apps and drinks with your peers, we’re the company for you! Join our creative, fun, fast-moving company that values learning over perfection and provides opportunities to advance your skills.
Compelling markets and technology:
Lose It! is at the forefront of health and fitness, corporate wellness, machine learning, nutrigenomics and mobile and cloud computing.
A track record of success:
Our founders are seasoned startup professionals; they've taken a company public, sold companies to Macromedia and Microsoft, and raised capital from firms ranging from General Catalyst to Polaris to United Healthcare's Innovation Group.
Small team, deep and interesting challenges:
We may be a small team (under 50 people total), but we're always pushing the limits of current knowledge. The problems we solve are deep, complex and fascinating.
Professional growth opportunities:
We encourage continuous learning through sponsoring employees to attend conferences and seminars to network, expand their knowledge and build their skillset. We also incorporate team building exercises, brainstorming sessions, and retreats to optimize how we work together as a team.
We have fun:
We have a genuine camaraderie that makes us look forward to coming to work every day. (Our other perks and benefits don't hurt either.)
Perks & Benefits
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Flexible hours
- Open vacation policy
- Profit sharing
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Premiums are paid for by Lose It!
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401k plan
- Casual dress code
- Company lunches and happy hours
- Weekly organic fruit delivery
- Frequent company outings and trips
- Great collective beer knowledge