Come join the LevelUp team in Boston to help build the next-generation growth engine for restaurants, connecting restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. And now as part of the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, LevelUp—together with Grubhub—is on the front lines creating an even more complete solution for restaurants.
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did twice!) along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to solve exciting new problems with - look no further!
We are looking for a data expert to join our Data Services team to help our restaurants understand and interpret the data generated by their LevelUp-powered app. LevelUp now partners with over 150 restaurants, each with its own unique KPIs and business goals. Our Data Analysts help map those KPIs and goals to data in our system to drive deeper business understanding and help our restaurants achieve their goals. We are also looking for a Data Analyst to help with internal projects - optimizing our databases and queries, finding new insights for our overall marketing strategy and recommendations, and help other teams with their data needs. If you love SQL, if figuring out new ways to define Lifetime Value gets you up in the morning, if you are always finding new ways to prove your point using data, this job is for you.
- Create rock-solid reports and clear, interesting data visualizations using PostgreSQL and BI tools
- Develop a deep understanding of the LevelUp architecture, its related database tables and the interactions between them
- Consult with our Account Management team on best practices in discovering and presenting system data
- Liaise with various internal and external teams to understand product changes and how they impact associated reports and visualizations
- Automate frequent reporting requests to maximize efficiency
- Work with account managers and other data services teammates to create new efficiencies in processes and reporting implementation
- 1-3 years in analytics role
- Strong understanding of SQL and BI tools like Tableau, Chartio, or Looker
- Strong competence in analyzing data and turning it into a communicable value proposition
- Proficiency in basic Ruby or Python
- Bachelor’s degree in data sciences, information management, or other analytic disciplines
- Experience in the restaurant industry in an analytics role
- Deep understanding of Python, Ruby, or R
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem plus LevelUp credit to spend wherever we are accepted
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that’s constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and a Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with strong company match and a wide variety of investment options
- Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Charitable Matching Program
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, karaoke, and game nights
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connections
- Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)
LevelUp, a Grubhub Company, connects restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. LevelUp brings its technology to market in multiple ways: embedded into partner restaurant apps to provide a full-stack customer engagement solution; via an open developer platform that powers over 200 mobile apps; and through the LevelUp partner distribution channels, which lets consumers order ahead and avoid the line at their favorite lunch spots using the apps already on their phone.
Based in Boston, LevelUp is a part of Grubhub’s portfolio of brands and powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Chase Pay, Pret A Manger, Potbelly, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea and sweetgreen.
LevelUp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.