Data Analyst, Commissions at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Key to Toast's continued success is designing, communicating, implementing, and administering incentive compensation plans across the Company that effectively incentivize, measure, and reward performance for our fellow Toasters. Given the importance of this task, we are expanding the team that drives these initiatives to build a best-in-class incentive compensation experience, and as the Data Analyst on our Finance Team focused on sales incentives, you will be a key contributor to that mission.
Your role in supporting that mission will be to unlock and leverage our vast data to rapidly scale our administration capabilities, improve the experience for our fellow Toasters, and drive analytical rigor to enhance how we deploy incentives to achieve strategic goals. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who has built a robust analytical toolbox, is excited by challenging real-world business problems, and is looking to grow and make a meaningful impact in the next step in their career.
About this roll*
- Act as the primary resource for the Sales Incentives team to gather, QA, calculate the data that drives sales incentive calculations and anlaytics
- Build automated tools and scripts that support rapid scaling
- Build automated dashboards in Looker, Salesforce, and other systems that effectively communicate incentive payments and drive continued performance. Similarly - these dashboards drive insights to be leveraged by finance and sales leadership
- Maintain commission tools and reference data, regularly update relevant systems consistent with plan objectives
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of all commission plans across the sales organization and be able to effectively communicate calculations and rationale
- Similarly - build an understanding of how sales incentives intersect and impact the broader financial operations of the Company
- Create and maintain detailed documentation for all automated processes and data used as part of the Sales Incentives Team mandate
- Liaise and collaborate with our Business Intelligence, Growth, and Engineering teams when required to ensure data inputs and outputs accurately reflect what is required to administer our sales incentive programs, and assist in the creation of new systems, workflows, or processes when required
- Communicate effectively with plan participants when they have questions, and regularly train plan participants on the structure of their plans
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field; 1-4 years experience in BI, Data Analytics, and/or similar
- Strong analytical acumen and unyielding attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Experience deploying SQL and Python (Pandas, NumPy, etc) to achieve operational goals
- Experience building and maintaining interactive dashboards in a tool such as Looker, Tableau, Domo, SiSense, etc - with a focus on designing outputs for non-quantitative end users
- Systems administration / implementation experience (specifically cross-system integrations), with specific experience in cloud-based financial systems and tools such as Salesforce, Xactly, Callidus, Anaplan, Adaptive Insights, or similar
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (you don't need a mouse), including the use of macros and experience working with large data sets
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Ability to be a self-starter, work independently, and the initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Ability to exercise professional skepticism and curiosity - if you’re unsure how to solve a problem - you’re excited to figure it out
- Solid communication and analytical skills, be team oriented, and have confidence in collaborating with colleagues at all organizational levels.
- SaaS or FinTech industry experience is a plus
- Sales or Finance experience (Investment Banking, Consulting, Sales Operations, Growth, Marketing, or similar) experience a plus