Compliance Analyst, Guest/Consumer Products at Toast
Compliance Analyst, Guest/Consumer Products
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast, Inc. seeks an energetic, creative and analytical individual with experience in testing and monitoring line of business processes for compliance with federal, state and local regulation or various industry guidelines. This role will support second line testing within the broader compliance management program across Toast, Inc. products and services, with focus on Toast, Inc.’s Guest/Consumer Products line of business
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop and utilize testing programs to examine business line processes and systems on a recurring basis to identify instances of potential legal and/or regulatory violations.
- Partner with third party stakeholders to facilitate external compliance testing programs.
- Present review findings and recommendations to management in a clear, concise manner, presenting information appropriate to the level of management for purposes of remediation.
- Track and monitor remediation status.
- Coordinate with lines of business on behalf of compliance to establish and improve testing programs as Toast, Inc. experiences changes in products, services and geographies.
- Prepare clear, accurate and complete work papers to document testing efforts.
- Assist in preparation for internal or external compliance reviews.
- Generally support development and maturation of broader compliance and risk functions.
- Experience with regulations impacting consumer technology products, as well as payments, is preferred, including knowledge of TCPA, CAN-SPAM, UDAP, FTC guidance, and federal and state privacy regimes. Knowledge of CFPB financial services regulations in a plus.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- At least two to four years of experience in a legal, compliance, audit or risk testing role within a bank, fintech, auditing or consulting firm.
- JD preferred; College Degree, certification or equivalent experience required.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to manage conflict diplomatically. Must be a team player.
- Ability to work independently and meet firm deadlines.
- Detail oriented.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required