Competitive Intelligence Analyst at VMware Carbon Black
Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud.
We are seeking an experienced Competitive Intelligence Analyst to join our expanding team of CI professionals at Carbon Black. This individual will be expected to have a real passion for and deep understanding of the competitive landscape within the Endpoint Protection Platform (EPP) and Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) market spaces in an effort to improve product roadmaps, positioning, and sales effectiveness. Through deep technical and product research this individual will be expected to identify competitive advantages and opportunities for improvements, and train peers as well as management on recommendations for improving technologies and new technologies.
What You’ll Do
Research, collect, and analyze data relative to the EPP and EDR market space to identify the following in order to enable management and field teams:
- current and emerging competitive threats
- competitor product strengths
- improvements and weaknesses at a technical level
- Identify and assess competitive differentiation
- growing opportunities
- identify groundbreaking methods of exploiting competitive differentiation
What You’ll Bring
- 5-8+ years experience in B2B product marketing, business analysis, competitive intelligence, or sales engineering in enterprise software and a passion about groundbreaking technology
- Demonstrated track record of managing complex data-driven projects, collecting and synthesizing information into meaningful conclusions
- Strong grasp on insight generation scalability, influencing, problem solving and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to analyze new products and competitors and translate that information into actionable intelligence, positioning campaigns and sales tools.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to quickly create collateral to differentiate the Carbon Black product offering and improvements.
- Experience and familiarity with EPP, EDR, cyber-security, IT management software products, or similar technologies
Category : Marketing
Subcategory: Product Dev Marketing
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.