Cloud Data Engineer at Humana Studio_h
The Cloud Data Engineer at Edge will have the chance to influence decisions of a brand new organization. We are a small, but capable team. Data engineers within Edge will lead important projects in design, development, implementation and management of secure cloud native databases on the Google Cloud Platform. You will support the database strategy and database operational model of this new organization and you will build out the necessary database solutions leveraging automation matching business requirements.
The Cloud Data Engineer develops and automates cloud database architectures to address business requirements, ensuring selecting the right cloud native database solution that provides system scalability, security, performance and reliability. You will work closely with the cloud engineering, architecture, software engineering, analytics and product teams to design, operate and integrate database applications and solutions including interfaces, data transfer mechanisms and data partitions, optimizations to enable efficient access and automated operations of cloud native databases. You will create designs for a highly secure, fault tolerant architecture and integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure to refine performance/functionality. You should have in-depth knowledge of database structures, redundant database solutions in addition to expertise of cloud database technologies, good understanding and hands on experience with cloud architecture, along with solid scripting, programming, design and system analysis skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of technical experience in database administration, design and operations
- At least 1 year cloud and related automation experience
- Experience designing, developing, and testing of software applications and/or infrastructure
- Experience leading project delivery
- Experience leading cloud database design, integration, data ingestion efforts
- Hands on SQL and/or data analytics skills
- Experience with any major cloud provider, cloud automation and cloud native database technologies
- Professional certifications from a major cloud provider and/or database solutions
- Comprehensive understanding of the SDLC lifecycle
- Experience with cloud database technologies such as Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery, MongoDB etc.
- Infrastructure as code experience using CloudFormation, Terraform etc.
- Good understanding using developer tools, including CI/CD pipelines. Designing and operating CI/CD pipelines for database automation is an advantage.