We create technology with heart for the health of every person in the world.
Buoy builds digital health tool that helps people – from the moment they get sick – start their health care on the right foot. Started by a team of doctors and computer scientists working at the Harvard Innovation Laboratory in Boston MA, Buoy was developed in direct response to the downward spiral we’ve all faced when we attempt to self-diagnose our symptoms online. Buoy leverages artificial intelligence, powered by advanced machine learning and proprietary granular data, to help understand a user’s symptoms and provide personalized health information that can guide them toward the right path to getting better. Buoy is based in Boston and was founded in 2014.
Buoy is taking on the multi-faceted challenge of applying Artificial Intelligence to medicine and developing novel interfaces and algorithms to reason about the relationship between humans, symptoms, and illnesses.
We are looking for an exceptional clinician researcher to join a collaborative AI team comprised of clinicians, data scientists, and software engineers who are dedicated to improving Buoy Assistant, our AI-powered clinical triage tool. An ideal candidate is self-directed, proactive, and detail-oriented, with a strong, independent work ethic and ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical members of the team.
They will have a passion for health innovation and finding solutions to unique healthcare-related challenges, along with a willingness to demonstrate accountability for their work while contributing to a wide-range of projects related to Buoy’s mission.
- Assist in the development of the Buoy Assistant product, which includes multidisciplinary team collaboration to advance the data-driven algorithm
- Add and update disease models within our extensive database by reviewing pertinent literature and statistical data while leveraging past clinical experience
- Contribute to ongoing development, testing and refinement of medical products and services contained within the Buoy Health platform
- Devise new and improved ways of interacting with our users to empower them to take control of their own health care journey
- Write clear, concise and effective interview, disease, and treatment related content for the user
- Serve as a medical expert providing clinical insight for the company and community stakeholders, while representing the perspective of users and healthcare providers at all levels of product development
- Collaborate with the product owner to develop and manage both internal and external research project(s).
- Physician (MD or DO), Nurse Practitioner, or Physician Assistant degree required
- Advanced degree, training or certification in public health, epidemiology, clinical informatics, data analytics, or machine learning are also of interest
- At least 3 years of clinical/professional experience
- Familiarity with academic literature review, statistics, epidemiology preferred
- Strong analytical capabilities, and able to generate and encourage creative ideas, innovative thinking, and imaginative solutions to issues or problems
- Willingness to become highly engaged in understanding the technical framework of our diagnostic system
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with a proven track record of maintaining the highest standards of performance, quality, and professionalism, while ensuring effective bidirectional, internal and external communication
- Resilient, collaborative, and flexible to work effectively in a fast-paced, hard-working team-based matrix environment, while also able to work independently to resolve challenges
- This is a full-time position: for providers who wish to continue seeing patients, we require a minimum of 4 days per week (0.8 FTE) in-office
- Healthcare, Dental & Vision
- Simple IRA
- Dogs in the office!
- Catered lunches on Mondays
- Unlimited PTO (and we actually take vacations!!)