Clinician Researcher (Orthopedics, Pediatrics, or Dermatology)
Greater Boston Area
We create technology with heart for the health of every person in the world.
Buoy builds a free digital health tool that helps people – from the moment they get sick – start their health care on the right foot. Started by a team of doctors and computer scientists working at the Harvard Innovation Laboratory in Boston MA, Buoy was developed in direct response to the downward spiral we’ve all faced when we attempt to self-diagnose our symptoms online. Buoy leverages artificial intelligence – powered by advanced machine learning and proprietary granular data - to resemble an exchange you would have with your favorite doctor – to provide consumers with a real-time, accurate analysis of their symptoms and help them easily and quickly embark on the right path to getting better. Buoy is based in Boston and was founded in 2014.
Buoy is taking on the multi-faceted challenge of applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) to medicine and developing novel interfaces and algorithms to reason about the relationship between humans, symptoms, and illnesses. We are looking for a clinician researcher to join a collaborative AI team comprised of clinicians, data scientists, and software engineers who are dedicated to improving our diagnosis modeling, user interview process, and core algorithm. A strong candidate will take pride in his or her work, exhibit attention to detail, demonstrate accountability for given tasks or projects, have a passion for solving healthcare-related problems, contribute to a variety of projects, and excel at communicating with both technical and non-technical members of the team.
In a typical week, you may:
• Add to and update disease models in our extensive database by reviewing medical literature and statistical data in addition to drawing on your clinical experience
• Test Buoy’s system and troubleshoot problems
• Collaborate with team to support data-driven algorithm advancement
• Write interview questions and diagnosis content, including disease descriptions and treatment options, for the layperson
• Synthesize and convey our team’s progress and goals to both internal and external stakeholders
• Serve as a medical resource for other departments, including business development and marketing
• Manage external research project(s)
• Nationally certified Physician (MD or DO), Physician Assistant (PA), or Nurse Practitioner (NP)
• Clinical experience in Family Medicine
• Highly engaged in understanding the technical framework of our diagnostic system
• Clinical expertise in Orthopedics, Pediatrics, or Dermatology
• Familiarity with interpreting academic literature
• Familiarity with statistics and epidemiology
This is a full-time position. For providers who wish to continue seeing patients, we require a minimum of 4 days per week (0.8 FTE) in-office.
Read Full Job Description