Business Intelligence Engineer at Humana Studio_h
The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
At 'Humana's Edge we are on a mission to improve health outcomes for our seniors and helping them lead a fulfilling life. The Edge is a business within Humana that exists to help seniors live life on their terms and unlock every senior's potential. We know seniors are focused on achieving their personal goals - staying active, dancing at their daughter's wedding, playing with their grandchild. But sometimes, their health concerns get in the way. By designing and executing on a new integrated operating model, the Edge can deliver an experience that helps seniors stay independent and in control of their lives.
The Analytics team within the Product & Experience organization drives the “Analytics as a product”” strategy. The Business intelligence analyst supports the team in solving complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence analyst works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial. You are responsible for collecting, analyzing and presenting an organization's raw data into insightful and actionable business information.
- Define creative, high quality, data analysis and business intelligence outputs
- Support implementation of senior level strategic initiatives
- Support project status updates, financial impacts, etc. to functional leads
- Manage and support leader with multiple high priority projects
- Lead cross-functional initiatives
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of experience or Masters degree and 1+ years of experience
- Experience with tools such as Power BI, Tableau and Qlik for creating data visualizations is a must
- Experience in data mining, forecasting, simulation, and/or predictive modeling
- Experience creating analytics solutions for various consumer driven sectors
- Experience working with big and complex data sets within large organizations
- Experience analyzing data to solve a wide variety of business problems and create data visualizations that drive strategic direction
- Exposure to agile software development lifecycle tools such as Aha!, ProductBoard, Monday, Trello, Balsamiq Mockups, Jira, Google analytics and/or A/B Testing tools.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and translate requirements between business, project management and technical projects or programs
- Proficiency in understanding Healthcare related data, especially payer data
- Proficiency in verbal/written communication to senior and executive leadership
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Advanced Degree in a discipline, such as life sciences, Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
Advanced in SQL, Power BI, Tableau and other data/visualizing systems