The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Business Intelligence Engineer 2 describes the tools, technologies, applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present an organization's raw data in order to create insightful and actionable business information. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction and receives guidance where needed. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Responsible for using data analytics to identify outliers within a specific data set.
- Develop reporting in Tableau, SQL Power BI, and/or SSRS to perform analysis of data.
- Provide our WFM Operational teams with technical support, solutions and analytics to drive performance management.
- Analyze data sets, perform trend analysis, and identify opportunities.
- Actively lead, analyze, and recommend business opportunities though detailed data analysis/modeling and overall end to end solutions that drive the most business value with sustained impact.
- Utilize the data warehouse to develop efficient SQL for data analysis.
- Responsible for assisting internal associates with support and troubleshooting of various system and user related issues. This includes working with our vendors and IT business partners until the issue is resolved.
- Support and development of solutions that enables our WFM Operational teams to trend work and optimize staffing.
- Assist cross-functionally within the team including but not limited to ticket support and troubleshooting system maintenance issues.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Broad understanding of Information Technology solutions including technologies, platforms, applications and capabilities
- Minimum of three years of experience in Healthcare Industry
- Experience in data analysis or data analytics
- Experience developing in SQL including stored procedures and SSIS
- Experience in the development of visualization software and dashboards (for ex. Tableau, Qlikview, etc)
- Must be passionate about being a team player and contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Flexibility in work schedule
- 6 or more years of technical professional experience
- Experience with Python, R and VBA
- Experience in Qtest
- Experience developing with SharePoint designer
- Experience with generating xml files with SQL
- Proficient in Power BI