Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for the front-end design, implementation & support of our business intelligence solutions (Salesforce and endpoint BI platforms), working closely with business users, corporate technology (IT), and data engineers, and supporting the ongoing development of enterprise-wide BI platform. This position will be involved in various complex business intelligence projects, such as preparing and analyzing key performance metrics, preparing research and analysis for use in the development of business strategies and tactics. This is a visible analytical role that requires interaction and partnership with stakeholders across the business. This position will be providing visualizations and analytics that fit the metrics, the context and the stakeholders, share insights that compel leadership to take action.
*This position can be based remotely.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with business leaders to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI); design and develop BI and analytical strategies for best possible solutions to address business needs
- Design and develop metrics, reports, analyses from Salesforce and endpoint BI platforms, and drive key business decisions to improve performance and reduce costs
- Support business users by answering complex business questions via visualizations and ad-hoc queries
- Conduct deep-dive data analysis for business insights and recommendation, support BI team in developing and testing hypotheses
- Combine knowledge of statistical methodology and analysis with programming skills to support complex analyses
- Investigate KPI variance and automate solutions that help stakeholders diagnose changes in metrics
- Contribute to data aggregation strategy for reporting, dashboards, and self-service analytics
- Document new and existing models, solutions, and implementations
- Train and assist users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information
- Extend the metadata, such as source-to-target field mappings, known data limitations, and the rationale and definition of each metric
- Ensure that collected data is within required quality standards, actively track data quality issues, propose mitigations, and document data proxies
- Audit data sources, understand data dependencies, identify data gaps, and propose system changes
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, or related technical field
- Master’s degree a plus
- 2-4 years of experience in any of these BI roles: data analyst, analytics, data science, data visualization and dashboard creation, statistics, preferably at a technology or biotech/pharma company
- Excellent experience with data visualization, preferably Power BI and Power BI Embedded
- Proven track record of interpreting data to tell stories and creating dashboards to compel actions
- Proven experience with a common data science language such as Python or R
- Experience in Microsoft Azure (Databricks, Synapse, Machine Learning, etc.) highly desirable
- Working knowledge and understanding of statistical methodology
- Excellent understanding of relational database and data warehousing concepts, high level of experience with SQL
- Working knowledge of SSIS, API, ETL tools desired
- Keen attention to detail and bias for action
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professionals
- Ability to lead BI projects - identify user requirements, write scripts, aggregate and analyze data, craft dashboards/reports
- Ability to understand source data, its strengths, weaknesses, semantics and formats
- Solid knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
endpoint is an equal opportunities employer AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.