Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
The Business Analyst, Contract Manufacturing and Category Sourcing will provide cross-category sourcing analytics and reporting leadership to a variety of Sourcing projects and support the development of necessary tools and reports for the Sourcing team. This position will drive analytical efforts by conducting spend analyses, developing cost baselines, performing contract benchmarking, and all other types of quantitative analyses required in the sourcing process for a broad range of spend categories.
The position will report to the Associate Director New Product Introduction and Program management and partner closely with the Global Category Sourcing teams to understand their reporting and analysis requirements, lead the development of necessary tools for world class Sourcing, maintain a roster of projects with clear priority assignments and lead the execution of assigned projects with timely status updates.
We're looking for someone with strong leadership, collaboration, and technical skills that will serve as a hands-on, problem-solving visionary with strong business savvy, who can work cross-functionally to champion ideas, and inspire change.
- Lead and execute the Sourcing data collection and data management process for various analytics initiatives such as contract documents, pricing agreements, supplier quotes, PO data, and external benchmarks.
- Continuously innovate on internal processes and tools, advance analytics methodologies, and be a creative force in the development of a comprehensive analytics roadmap.
- Partner with Sourcing Category Directors to identify and track KPIs and develop data analytics models with business strategies to drive operational improvements in those areas.
- Participate in RFQ exercises by assisting in the development of the RFQ packages and analyzing the supplier responses.
- Provide a strategic role in analyzing spend trends across a variety of categories and brands.
- Drive a data driven mentality throughout Sourcing through data enablement and actionable recommendations.
- Through data analysis identify opportunities to increase overall savings and increase supplier consolidation and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Set-up and execute a comprehensive database and tracker to manage project efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Set up tools to capture Category strategies and Supplier awards to for easy and clear communication to stakeholders.
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics. An MBA will be a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge of Procurement tools, platforms, systems and process design
- Proven deep knowledge of sourcing operations, transactions management, supply chain technology and risk management
- Ability to work in collaborative, team environment; ability to cultivate and maintain effective business partner relationships through earned respect and trust.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Proven track record of success in driving and delivering transformative business process strategies and large-scale digital capabilities for a Procurement or Supply Chain organization.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analytics skills; able to apply analytical skills to advance and deliver on key initiatives and business problems.
- Creative, flexible and adaptable leader with an agile and continuous improvement mindset who thrives in a fast-pace, multi-faced and dynamic work environment.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.