Business Analyst, Contract Manufacturing and Category Sourcing at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:11 p.m. (EST) on Friday, February 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
The Business Analyst, Contract Manufacturing and Category Sourcing will provide cross-category sourcing analytics and reporting leadership to a variety of Sourcing projects and support the development of necessary tools and reports for the Sourcing team. This position will drive analytical efforts by conducting spend analyses, developing cost baselines, performing contract benchmarking, and all other types of quantitative analyses required in the sourcing process for a broad range of spend categories.
The position will report to the Associate Director New Product Introduction and Program management and partner closely with the Global Category Sourcing teams to understand their reporting and analysis requirements, lead the development of necessary tools for world class Sourcing, maintain a roster of projects with clear priority assignments and lead the execution of assigned projects with timely status updates.
We're looking for someone with strong leadership, collaboration, and technical skills that will serve as a hands-on, problem-solving visionary with strong business savvy, who can work cross-functionally to champion ideas, and inspire change.
- Lead and execute the Sourcing data collection and data management process for various analytics initiatives such as contract documents, pricing agreements, supplier quotes, PO data, and external benchmarks.
- Continuously innovate on internal processes and tools, advance analytics methodologies, and be a creative force in the development of a comprehensive analytics roadmap.
- Partner with Sourcing Category Directors to identify and track KPIs and develop data analytics models with business strategies to drive operational improvements in those areas.
- Participate in RFQ exercises by assisting in the development of the RFQ packages and analyzing the supplier responses.
- Provide a strategic role in analyzing spend trends across a variety of categories and brands.
- Drive a data driven mentality throughout Sourcing through data enablement and actionable recommendations.
- Through data analysis identify opportunities to increase overall savings and increase supplier consolidation and risk mitigation opportunities.
- Set-up and execute a comprehensive database and tracker to manage project efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Set up tools to capture Category strategies and Supplier awards to for easy and clear communication to stakeholders.
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics. An MBA will be a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive and relevant experience.
- Solid knowledge of Procurement tools, platforms, systems and process design
- Proven deep knowledge of sourcing operations, transactions management, supply chain technology and risk management
- Ability to work in collaborative, team environment; ability to cultivate and maintain effective business partner relationships through earned respect and trust.
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- Proven track record of success in driving and delivering transformative business process strategies and large-scale digital capabilities for a Procurement or Supply Chain organization.
- Exceptional qualitative and quantitative analytics skills; able to apply analytical skills to advance and deliver on key initiatives and business problems.
- Creative, flexible and adaptable leader with an agile and continuous improvement mindset who thrives in a fast-pace, multi-faced and dynamic work environment.
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.